1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 27, 2010 12:19 PM by anadyr RSS

Great Dining Option near the Woodlands Waterway Marriott

kimkdallas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Took my fiancé to Hubbell and Hudson for his birthday this year.  I wasn’t sure where to go as we aren’t from the Woodlands, but based on proximity to the hotel and reviews here, I figured we’d try this.  We definitely weren’t disappointed!  Did the reservation through Open Table and was promptly seated when we got there.  Dining room wasn’t huge, and it isn’t setup where it’s really crowded.  Despite the fact that they were fairly full, it wasn’t loud and still felt really intimate.  The décor is wood, glass and aluminum --- very clean and modern, but also warm and inviting.

They had a really nice wine list --- I had one of their special selections ---- my only complaint is that the price wasn’t marked on the menu and it was a little more than I expected. 

I really love the way they do their steaks.  You pick the cut, the rub, the sauce and the 2 sides, all for one prices.  When you look at that compared to many of the big steakhouses, it’s really not as expensive as it could be.  I thought it was fairly reasonable.  We had the KC strip and the NY strip.  Did the H1 rub on both.     I think he had the maitre’d butter on his --- VERY yummy.   I had the blue cheese demi --- it was ok --- but I was expected more blue cheese flavor. They let me switch to something else since mine was served on the side.  Their béarnaise was great.  Steaks were excellent --- cooked medium rare as ordered.  For sides, we got the parm mac and cheese, the Yukon mash, the mushrooms and the butternut squash. All were great, but the squash was to die for!  We spent lots of time trying to figure out how we could recreate it at home.  

Since it was his birthday, they comped us a dessert. We had the thin granny smith apple tart.  It was great --- light, not too sweet --- a great way to finish a great meal.

All throughout, service was excellent. The manager came by to check on us and was very friendly.  Waiter was attentive and friendly without being overbearing.  He had some great suggestions – several of which we took!

One of the great things --- it was literally a 3 minute walk from the Marriott Woodlands where we were staying! Hope to get to go back and do their brunch.

• Re: Great Dining Option near the Woodlands Waterway Marriott
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Great review--have you ever considered being a Zagat reviewer--you've got the words and the talent!  And sounds like a mavelous time was had by you both!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...