2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2010 2:10 PM by caroltravels RSS

Dearborn Inn - MI

kimkdallas Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I stayed here with the Fiance when we were in town for a wedding in October.  I love the place.  Overall, it was a great stay! It was built in the 1930s and has had several additions over the years, but the rooms all retain the quaint charm of the inn overall.  It's got this great colonial charm.  

Checkin was easy and efficient.  Staff was really helpful.  They don't have a concierge lounge for platinum members, but they do have a wing where they put those clients.  We had a junior suite there --- nice upgrade with lots of space.   Rooms were clean and beds were comfy.   Internet worked well.   Only thing to note --- it’s an older property.   Their system will only support air condition or heat, not both.   So when the mornings are really cool (so they turn on the heat) and the afternoons warm, the rooms do get a little warm.  The windows do open, and maintenance can provide fans, which do make it tolerable.

I was working the day I checked in, so I ordered room service for lunch.  The French onion soup and Hummus appetizer were both great.  Service was quick and prices were reasonable --- which is rare for room service.

Dined at the Ten Eyck Tavern for breakfast.  It was pretty crowded, but service was great.   We were seated promptly and served beverages right away.  On the breakfast buffet, you found the regular cerals, fruits, eggs, and meats.  They did made to order omelettes and waffles --- both of which were really good.  My only complaint is this --- the way the breakfast buffet is setup --- when it's busy it gets really crowded around the buffet as there is about a 3 foot walkway in front of it which is separated from the dining area by a wall.   As long as you can avoid the crowd, it's great.

Early American Room was under rennovation when I visited --- I think it's going to reopen as Edisons in November. I choose to have dinner in one night as I wasn't feeling well. Went down to the Ten Eyck and they were serving the Early American menu. There were lots of things I wanted to try, but went a little lighter. Lobster bisque was one of the best I've had --- creamy without being too rich with lots of flavor. They had a special salad with blue cheese, apples, and other goodies that was wonderful. Service was excellent --- was something I'd love to do again and try their steaks!

The property does a nice job with weddings / large events.  I think we were a group of about 350, and it was great.  Food was nice and overall service excellent.

Checkout was also good --- they were quick and efficient.  When in the area, I’d definitely come back and try it again!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...