1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 26, 2010 3:29 PM by profchiara RSS

Speed

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone noticed that the i-Bahn connections at full service Marriott hotels are very, very slow.  Running two different Flash-based speed tests I was not able to register a speed for downloads in one experience and in another it took five minutes to complete the test.  Molasses speed at best.

The wired connection (which costs $16.95 plus tax per day unless it is waived for Platinum and Gold Elites) is very, very , very slow and erratic.  As a test I tried the wireless service at the airport and got very decent speeds for uploads and downloads as well.

We've got to do something to improve the speeds that we get in the hotel rooms.  In some cases, I even longed for dialup! (not really but maybe).

Anyone else been in the i-Bahn slow lane like me?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Speed
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

This is really interesting, SteppingStones!  Having just returned from the Istanbul Polat (for which I had a choice of wired or wireless and chose wired for security), I was not charged (even though the free is not supposed to come into being worldwide till January) and I didn't have to go through IBahn.  It was a direct connection as soon as I plugged in and it was very fast!  If they can do that in suburban Istanbul, why not in the U.S.?

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...