26 Replies Latest reply: Nov 25, 2011 9:44 PM by jasper100 RSS

Thanksgiving

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Her's a hand and a shout out for all those folks in the service industry who will be working on Thanksgiving Day,  Hotels never close so there s a need for staff at all times.

Having once worked through every holiday for three years in a row I appreciate that sacrifice that you are making and will personnaly thank anyone I come in contact with this Thursday.

Well done!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Thanksgiving
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I'll second that!  Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
    I'll Third that!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I'll fourth it!

ProfChiara

tjcnewyork Platinum

So moved!  Acting on the motion, I just phoned several properties where I have upcoming post-holiday stays to reconfirm requests and express very best wishes for a joyful  Thanksgiving holiday.

This year, my wife and I are hosting Thanksgiving.  Enough of an Insiders break, I have to get back to that long 'honey do' list or else!

Wishing all a Happy Thanksgiving!

theolejudge Gold 4 Reviews

I'll fifth that

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

I'll sixth that.....and add a Happy Thanksgiving to all our Insider members wherever they may be for Turkey Day!

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

My thanks go out to Marriott for providing this community for our enjoyment. My thanks also go out to all of you "insiders" that put up with my rants.  I truly enjoy all of you and feel fortunate that we have a forum that promotes community and lively discussions on any number of topics. 

Shoeman,

You "Nailed it"!

kahunapremier Platinum

Amen, here is to the industry for keeping us warm at night, a light on for the traveler and a friendly smile. Happy Thanksgiving y'all!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Yes, Shoeman,  you nailed it!  We thrive as a community even as we rant and rail sometimes -- all of that is productive and yet we can still agree that we are Marriott Rewards members and Insiders for a reason.  That is that we usually get a first-class stay and fantastic treatment at the hotels by associates.  Maybe not always,  but usually. And Insiders does provide us with a means of sharing ideas and experiences.

For those of them who are working to serve others today, I echo the special thanks already mentioned.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

ProfChiara

My wife complains (jokingly I hope) that I spend too much time posting on Insiders and reading posts of others but it engenders for me a sense of community, of shared ideas and solving issues that arise. Like many of us I found the site in late 2008 by accident while checking my account balance and have been hooked ever since

While the shape and size of the Insiders community has changed over the last two years, I am glad that we are all here, making this a community as Shoeman1000 and others have said, with diverse views and opinions.

For that and many, many other bigger things I give thanks.

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Just think SSSSS, had you spent the time that you posted on Insiders on writing novels you could have written another several novels making lots of money. However, we are fortunate here on Insiders to have volunteered that time for the benefit of Insider's free of charge (except maybe costing a few donated posts by you which I am still waiting to be put into my account). Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

traveler2 Platinum

Here Here!

Traveler2 and all,

So true! 

What a year!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

I salute the industry that ensures we all have the freedom to make a post on sites like insiders.

Troops.jpg

Unless of course you get Report Abuse???

jasper100, wouldn't surprise me at all.

I would never ever ever never report abuse by you..You are too good of a poster!!!

sorry, didn't mean to suggest that you would.

However, I am not too sure about SSSSS!!!!!

Fear not! I never sleep (my Ronco random post generator takes over when I am away from the computer).

Yes..I noticed!!!!

Thanks NU for that reminder.  We having a fellow veteran and his wife over for dinner tonight.

Thanks NU for that reminder.  We having a fellow veteran and his wife over for dinner tonight.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Thanks Husker!  And a great win for the football team!

Congrats to Nebraska for a good win tonight!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...