4 Replies Latest reply: May 22, 2011 11:28 AM by bbolton RSS

St. Croix

njtechdiver Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello, I’m thinking of taking my family to the new property in St Croix. Can anyone offer anything on this location? Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
St. Croix, Virgin Islands (US)
  • Re: St. Croix
    klpalp Silver

Actually, my husband and I went there on our honeymoon back in 1996, when it was owned by Westin.  It was very nice back then, very peaceful and relaxing.  Our hut we stayed in was very spacious, and had a really nice screened in porch area that we loved!   I am not sure what your interests there are, so that makes a difference.  The beach area was very nice, but if I remember right the water area was very rocky, and hard to walk in.  We did go to one of the local towns and it was nice, and we did a catamaran/snorkeling trip to Turtle Island(??) and it was great snorkling.  You mentioned taking your family, so I am not sure if that includes kids or not.  We now have 4 young kids and I don't think it would a place I would take them, but if you have older teenagers that would be fine.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

St Croix, USVI is a great place to visit and the weather is normally very, very nice too.  If you have time check out the family-owned Buccaneer Resort--there's a lot to see there and they are still mailing us updates after several years have passed about the place.

ranstar Platinum

We are going to St Croix next week.  Frankly, I'm pretty nervous about it. There are 2 types of rooms there, and I don't mean garden view and ocean view.  There are "Guest Rooms" and "Studios".  People that get the Studios will be thrilled.  People that get the Guest Rooms will be gravely disappointed.  The difference is that the Studio has been renovated.  Guest Rooms are much overdue for renovation.  This research is primarily developed from following this property on Trip Advisor over the last 6 months.  I just learned that the hotel differentiates their newly renovated rooms by calling them studios. 

bbolton Platinum

I am taking my family to the Carambola property in July and was really concerned about the reviews on Trip Advisor as well. We're going on all points but I opted for the upgrade to ensure the Studio room with ocean view. I'll be interested to hear how your experience was.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...