4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 23, 2010 1:09 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

No Points

harpo66 Member
Currently Being Moderated

A little over a week ago I stayed and a Residence Inn. I get home checking emails and today applied for the insiders club. I sign up and told my points are no longer good. Do you guys think were online 24 7. Just made reservation today at a Coutyard but will not go out of my way to stay at Marriotts now. I guess you don't need the business in this tuff times to not honor points but for a few days.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: No Points
    nicerinperson Platinum

Are you saying the points are not going to be credited to you MR account? Were you not a MR member before the stay? I'd contact them via phone and I'm sure they will help you clear up the issue.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

harpo66 Member

They said I waited to long to sign up. I was a week ago Sat. and I have already made reservations at another Marriott property. Havng second thoughts about Marriott. Lots of places want our business.

nicerinperson Platinum

Sadly, the rules say:

"After applying to the Rewards Program, a Membership Account will be opened and a Membership Number will be assigned to each applicant. Upon receiving this number, an individual becomes a Member eligible to earn Rewards Program Points or Miles."

but I would still suggest you call (801) 468-4000

tjcnewyork Platinum

Welcome to Marriott Rewards and to Insiders. Regrets to hear your disappointment;  learning how to earn points can be quite daunting.  Nicerinperson's comments are correct.  To earn points, your Marriott Rewards ID must be either on your Reservation or presented at time of check-in.  Depending upon the brand, Marriott Rewards members typically earn 10 points per dollar $US of qualifying revenue billed to the room.  At Residence Inn and TownePlace Suites, it's only 5 points/$.  At your upcoming Courtyard stay, you will earn 10 points/$ qualifying revenue.  For example, local and government taxes are not considered qualifying revenue.  At full service Marriott's like JW, you earn 10 points per $ spent on the room plus any $ for dining, spa, golf and other services.  Although Courtyard offers fresh prepared food, the brand is not full service and $ billed to the room for dining doesn't count.  As I said, it can be daunting.  For reference, see How You Earn and for the number of points earned at specific brands, see Hotel Stays.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...