8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2010 10:34 PM by anadyr RSS

Loaners?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

No not the single traveler, but an essential piece of equipment that Marriott might consider loaning its most loyal guests--an i-Pad or similar device for in room use.  These gizmos are essentially keyboard-less computers and have access to the Internet and cell phone networks.  A preloaded Marriott style tablet machine would be a boon for road warriors, giving them the freedom to ditch the in-room TV and read on the road.

Internet appliances seem to have caught the imagination of people, including me--those things that combine functions in one device. Many folks have these already but many of us do not.  How about that as a rental option when you check in?  Could be a deposit, or free if you return it in working condition.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Loaners?
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

no thanks.  sounds like another opportunity for the company to increase revenue.  If it was free, I might take advantage of it, at a cost, not interested.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Stepping Stones - I'm surely not computer smart, but wouldn't there be a risk of virus issues with a computer essentially used by the public contaminating emails I send, etc?  I just spent a couple of weeks in Hawaii at Sheraton Wakiki and Royal Hawaiian and both had a bank of computers (free) available in the lobby and business center.  I didn't need to use them, but my wife checked email and printed boarding passes, paid for checked luggage and said it was a great add-on for up scale hotels.  In the Marriott family, normally you only see those in FFI and SHS and occasionally at CY.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"Sheraton Wakiki and Royal Hawaiian"

The Royal Hawaiian is among my most memorable experiences.  It's like staying at a Ritz-Carlton.  Truly exceptional.  That was 1998 but seems like yesterday. Marriott did not have a hotel on Waikiki at the time.

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

TJC, Marriott still doesn't have a hotel on the beach as far as I know, unless you go to Ko'Olina.  The Marriott at Wakiki is across the street and through another hotel to the beach.  As for the two Starwood hotels we stayed in, we preferred the Sheraton.  Much nicer pool area for adults only.  Royal Hawaiian was suppose to be a step up, but I simply found most of the staff and guests to be snobbish.  They did have a very nice beach area.  Food wasn't anything to brag about at either hotel.  And although I didn't really like paying the $20 daily resort charge, it did include self parking, unlimited internet, some bottled water, and maybe a couple of other minor amenities.  And both hotels had a bank of public computers for free!  We love the JW at KoOlina but these two would give it a run for the money.  We took a catamaran ride that left out of the KoOlina marina and walked through the JW later in the day.  Supposedly they are renovating but my wife asked to see one of the rooms and it still had the old 200 lb. sony on the same furniture that was there in 2002.  And the Disney towers, 1 hotel and 1 timeshare, are nearing completion.  That along with the 2 or 3 Marriott timeshare buildings are going to make the coves at koOlina very crowded.

tjcnewyork Platinum

NUHusker,

Our Royal Hawaiian 2-night prepaid stay concluded a vacation on Kuaui and Maui where we enjoyed the Marriott Vacation Clubs there. The Royal H staff were very welcoming with leis and upgraded my family to a 1 bedroom corner suite with high ceilings, windows on two sides and excellent views of the gardens and the courtyard.  We did not dine at the Sheraton, but really enjoyed the lavish Royal Hawaiian buffets.

Yep those speeds are mighty slow in the rooms almost everyhwere and I hate to have to log in every day as iBahn makes you do.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

It seems to me that if the Polat in Istanbul can simply have you plug in a cable and connect (no IBAHN or anything), that hotels in the US should be able to the same.

ProfChiara

Agreed Professor--the Internet is a free resource that should not be encumered by frequent log ins.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...