2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2010 11:18 PM by profchiara RSS

Ephesus Curiosities

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Besides the Trajan monument, I'm enclosing some curiosities here.  One is the town brothel; another is an avertisement by one of the ladies of the house: the foot points to the house, to its right you can barely see a drawing of the lady and above it a heart shape that has lots of dots in it (clients -- but you will see she is saying there is room for a few more).  Finally, I saw the first ever fully preserved latrine room from antiquity (only a small portion is shown in the photo but it is an entire structure).

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Ephesus, Turkey
  • Re: Ephesus Curiosities
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi Professor,

I love all of your photos!  I feel like I'm reliving my trip there.  Very glad to hear that you're enjoying Turkey as much as I did.

Looking forward to more photos and stories!

Did you know that during the winter, the slave owners would have their slaves warm up the public toilets?

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ephesus Curiosities
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi NewHilton,

Yes, our guide told us about the 'seat warmers' -- not a pleasant job under any circumstances!  It was a great trip.

Cheers, ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...