1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 23, 2010 9:27 PM by lakeshore RSS

Virgin Mary House and Ephesus I

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Here are some photos from one of the two possible last houses of the Virgin Mary near Ephesus and others from the excavated site of Ephesus, mostly from the period from 200 BC to 215 AD.

I strongly recommend the tour offered by ITS at the Polat.  While expensive, you get transfers to and from the airport, flights on Turkish Airlines to Izmir (and they feed you in coach on a 45-min flight each way!), where you are met by the tour guide.  My tour consisted of the guide, driver, and five other people.  We spent from 10am to 2:30pm at the house of the Virgin Mary and at the archaeological site of Ephesus.  The guide explained in superb detail the when, wheres and whats of each building or road.  Then we had a wonderful Turkish lunch before going to the local antiquities museum before heading back.  A long day but well worth it.

I follow up these photos in a second email.

• Re: Virgin Mary House and Ephesus I
    lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Wow!  What fantastic photos!  What a blessing it is for you to experience this part of the world!  I have never been, but I remember how amazing it was to be in Israel.  Keep on taking lots of pictures and enjoy!!!

And thanks so much for sharing!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...