3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2010 9:00 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Hi from Istanbul!

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

I finally made it to Istanbul, and am at the Renaissance Polat, which is wonderful.  Although I am exhausted, I managed to see the Blue Mosque (spectacular), Hagia Sophia, the Suleyimane Mosque and Topkapi Palace today.  Tomorrow a short flight to Izmir then a day in Ephesus.

I will be home for Thanksgiving, and will share my photos when I return!

Cheers,

ProfChiara

• Re: Hi from Istanbul!
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi Professor,

So very glad that you are visiting Turkey!  Wonderful, isn't it?

I'm sure you will truly enjoy Ephesus!!!  It's amazing.  While you're there, try to go to the Virgin Mary's home, it's pretty cool to read Paul's letter to the Ephesians while you are right there!  And, the Basilica of St. John is very near also (supposed burial site of St. John).

Have a fantastic trip!!!  Looking forward to reading all about it and seeing your photos!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Professor,

Have a great time!

Will look forward to your photo's.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Enjoy!  May you thrive on the people you meet and marvel at the history of the places you visit.  Stay well, too.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...