5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 12, 2010 4:17 PM by arbplatinum RSS

Spring Skiing in Europe

arbplatinum Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Looking to use my points this coming Spring to take my kids somewhere for skiing during their school break. Was thinking maybe even Europe.  We usually do Colorado. Anyone know of any good spots for this in Europe where there is a Marriott property? Or any other different ideas. Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Spring Skiing in Europe
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

The fact sheet for the Linz, Austria Courtyard notes there are two ski areas close by.

• Snow skiing:
      Kirchschlag (10 km): boot warmers, ski lockers
      Gruenau / Kasberg (25 km): boot warmers, ski lockers

The second ski area looks pretty nice and is only 15.5 miles from the hotel.  Granted, I know nothing about skiing but do love Austria!

http://www.kasberg.at/winter/englisch-88.html

Austria is a beautiful country!  You could combine some skiing with a few days in Salzburg (there used to be a Ren there, looks now like it may be a Radisson) or Durnstein or to the Salzkammergut (a lot of people stay in St. Wolfgang and ski somewhere close by) or Vienna.

The only Marriotts are in Graz, Linz, and Vienna.

The Munich Marriott's site says that the Zugspitze is just under 50 miles away.  I guess that would be a pretty exiting mountain to ski!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

ARB,

I am not much of a skier, but New Hilton is right, Austria has always been good to me.

Likewise, I have spent many a trip in Munich and South in Garmisch, (One of my favorite hotels is no longer a Marriott Ren., The Rieirsee}

Please see the pictures of the Zugspitzer, it is the highest point in Germany and exciting for the all in the family!  This place is very American family friendly!  The Passion play is held nearby, and there is much to do in addition to skiing.

If you need more information please just email me.  I spent 6 Christmas's in this area and I can't wait to go back1

Have a great trip!

retired Platinum

South Shore Lake Tahoe is really nice. Ski lift is on the property along with movie theater, out door ice skating, shopping etc. You are a half block from Harrahs and Harveys. 

arbplatinum Platinum

Thanks, Retired. Are you a skiier? How would you rate the runs and overall resort there? Good combination of challenging runs for adults, and fun easier areas for the kids?  Any knowledge of the ski school quality?

Thanks again!

arbplatinum Platinum

Thanks New Hilton and JerryMorgan.  All great info and I'm going to look into right away!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...