6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 13, 2010 4:02 PM by tgrahek RSS

Home or Hotel for The Holidays?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all,

As the year winds down, where will you be for Thanksgiving?  Are you going over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house, staying at a Marriott in an exotic locale, visiting friends and family, or staying home?  Please share your travel plans on Insiders! And when you get to your destination, post your photos so we can all enjoy it with you.

ProfChiara

• Re: Home or Hotel for The Holidays?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Hi Professor, after a week or so back East we're going to be in the desert for the end of December and early January in lovely and warm Palm Desert California.  It's only a 450 mile drive from here--not long by Calfiornia standards, but mostly freeways--and a lovely change from the colder, damper California coast where we live.

I certainly wish all Insiders the best of all things for the end of this year and 2011.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Tomorrow we will be heading for the beautiful island of St. Maarten/St. Martin in the Caribbean. This beautiful gem of an island was our winter home for many years before 8 hurricanes took their toll on the beauty, the property and the people. Even after selling our home there, we still return to visit with the many friends and 'extended family' we have on the island every Thanksgiving season.

It is the first of two 'Thanksgivings' we have as we then return to lovely Santa Rosa Beach here in Florida for a Thanksgiving feast with all our friends and neighbors here. We all trade off hosting the turkey day feast and we all have a grand time. It is really an enjoyable experience to live in a community that is so socially involved and where so many get along so well.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kahunapremier Platinum

In Tampa, PHX and Tampa until the 24Nov, then home for the holidays. 2011 has me traveling first two months, straight. Grateful to be working and grateful projects allow me to explore this great country.

If I had a digital camera, I would post pictures.

Happy and safe 2011!!!!

dw152a Gold

Not for me this year.  Usually my wife and I go away for a couple of days over the four day weekend, but I've been traveling so much this year that I just want to stay home this time.

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

Hi Professor

Like Stepping Stones, my family will do as we have done for 14 years --- enjoy the Christmas holidays at Palm Desert, where we own several timeshare weeks at the JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort.

Since my wife and I both grew up in the Midwest, then raised our family  in Alaska and now live in California, we find Palm Desert to be an enjoyable place to spend a few weeks around Christmas.

Merry Christmas to Al!

tgrahek Gold 2 Reviews

We are going to spend two weeks in Buenos Aires Argentina.  We'll be there over Christmas.  I was very excited until I read some posting reviews.  I hope they are worng.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...