This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 2, 2010 1:07 PM by profchiara RSS

Where Have All the Posters Gone - Andrew's Response

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Thanks to SteppingStones for generating the original version of this.  Some of you expressed the view that Marriott is not listening or reading posts.  Andrew has responded in the replies to that post and just in case you didn't to subscribe  to that discussion, I'm quoting it here. ProfChiara

"Greetings, Insiders.

Since April's launch, we know there have been issues with the site structure and usability. We've heard your difficulties and frustrations loud and clear, and our intent is to get back to basic community principles of simplicity and ease of use. We are (and have been) addressing these issues and roadblocks, and we will have more to share with you in early 2011. We recognize the importance a beneficial Marriott Rewards Insiders experience has on you and your relationship with Marriott. We are working hard to evolve Insiders into a best-in-class community for, and by, members.

If you have any further thoughts or concerns that haven't already been shared on our forums, we encourage you to reach out via our feedback forum, or via private message.

Thank you,

Andrew and the Marriott Rewards Insiders Team"

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Where Have All the Posters Gone - Andrew's Response
    shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

ProfChiara

I don't believe that the point was that no one was monitoring the site.  The point was (and is), that no one was listening.  I read Andrew's email, and I would challenge him to spell out changes that have been instituted since the April re-launch to "simplify" the experience.  All we hear (and experience) is that NOTHING has really changed.  That's how I feel.  What about the rest of you?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I have seen some things change but they are subtle.  I know they are monitoring things at least at a level, I posted about challenges with the new blackberry app not working and got a response, however no follow up and my app still doesnt work.  For me, its not as big a deal, I just call the premier line and get them to do things if I need it.

So I guess I would say they are listening but are, as noted in my original post in the thread, not participating at a level most of us seem to want.  I get that in part but in other ways, perhaps the insiders area would grow at a better rate if there was more official participation.  I dont know that Andrew is necessarily the right person to be the more involved presence, perhaps if Marriott could dedicate someone that can help funnel info and answer threads from time to time it would probably go a good way to helping.

The issue I see is that to us "regulars" we know how things go around here.  To a newbie, if you dont see the site owners/staff participating regularly, without having to dig for it, then sometimes folks just lurk and do not actually participate.  At least thats the feedback I've received from forums I moderate where we have well in excess of 50k registered unique members.

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

zukracer

well said!  I agree whole-heartily.  Monitoring is happening, but visible changes directly related to that monitoring have been very few and far between. 

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

well color me surprised/happy... looks like Marriott is indeed listening to member feedback.  Anyone checkd out the A&A section recently?  Someone using the Marriott account is answering questions.  To me, this is freaking GREAT and adds a significant value to the Insiders community.

Thank you Marriott team for listening to us and stepping in to assist all of us :)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Marriott is definitely listening, and I think the new personalized Ask & Answer is great.

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...