1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 13, 2010 11:17 AM by dw152a RSS

Demographics

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was wondering how  you would categorize yourself as a user of this site, Marriott Insiders?

Are you an inveterate poster/site searcher like me?  Or do you find yourself dipping into Insiders perhaps less than once a day?  Or did you stumble on the site and then infrequently come back?  Have you come away, no matter what your frequency of use, satisfied, dissatisfied or with no opinion?

Reason I ask is that it appears there is a core of posters, augmented by occasional posters who drive the discussions on Insiders.  Provide as little or as much justification for your level as you'd like.  I for one would like to hear what you have to say.

Take a moment and assess your relationship with Insiders, at this very moment.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Demographics
    dw152a Gold
    Currently Being Moderated

I stumbled on this site about six months ago, and then forgot about it.  Somehow, recently I found it again.  It certainly is hidden on the Marriott website.

My demographics?  I don't travel as much as most people who post here.  I'm a consistent gold member but have never been platinum.  I come to this site once a day or less, although I'm not really sure why.  I rarely travel to exotic places and don't travel too much for leisure.  Thus, most of my travel is for business, and is more or less dictated by those rules.  And when I travel on business, I'm mostly looking for efficiency and not luxury.  I think my original reason for coming to this site was to see if I could learn some insider tricks for Marriott, but I don't think there really are any.  If I enjoyed traveling and took a lot of personal trips and vacations, I have a feeling that there would be other websites out there that would have better forums on that subject.  So having said all this, I'm not really sure what need this site fulfills.  This isn't a criticism -- just an observation.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...