7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2010 1:26 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

New EEOs - What a joke

rylan1 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I am extremely dissapointed and upset about the changes to the current round of EEOs. I’ve used these numerous times in the past, and planned on using it again at the Boston Marriott Copley hotel for a weekend in early December.  However, I discovered that this hotel is now on the exclusion list for the EEO.  Not only that, ALL of the previously participating hotels in the entire Boston vicinity are now on the exclusion list.  Previously it was only the Long Wharf, but now all 6 Marriott and Renaissance both within and even in suburbs outside the city do not participate.  I consider this a drastic devaluation of the EEO certificate which used to be one of the major benefits of maintaining elite status with Marriott.  Essentially, this means that I can no longer use this benefit of my elite status. What is the point of providing a benefit to elites when entire geographic regions in the northeast are excluded?  The list of non participating hotels used to be short, however now it has grown to a page in length and targets multiple metropolitan areas.

What is Marriott thinking/doing by making these useless to people in the northeast and many other areas?  I will be canceling my reservation, so instead of the hotel receiving revenue for a room night along with incidentals such as parking and food, that room will go empty. I will also be reevaluating my upcoming and future stays at Marriott and switching nights to another hotel chain that values it frequent customers.

-- EDIT to clarify: The EEO I refer to is buy one weekend night, get one free certificate that Marriott makes available to Golds and up. They are available about once a quarter-ish.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: New EEOs - What a joke
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

what is the EEO?  Not familiar with that term.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Hi Zukracer,

I had to look it up  -- Elite Exclusive Offers.

ProfChiara

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I thought those were discontinued--did you get them in the postal mail or by email?

Just wondering.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Thanks ProfChiara

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews
    I think what Rylan is referring to is the Elite Offer that is found as follows: On the hotel home page click on the "Marriott Rewards Offers" under the Marriott Rewards section at the top of the page. About half way down the Rewards Offers page (Platinum Offers) is the offer for "Marriott and JW Marriott Hotels: Treat yourself to a weekend escape and a free second night". The deal is also good for Rennaissance Hotels (just below the Marriott Hotel offer). When you pull up the details there is a significant listing of hotels where this deal is not honored. As Rylan said, many of them are in the Greater Boston vicinity. I did use this deal in a Los Angeles Rennaissance a few weeks ago and it worked very nicely. The actual certificate is to print the page and hand it in as the certificate.

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://cache.marriott.com/Images/Deals/romance/deals_romance_dipbouquet_542x184.jpg http://cache.marriott.com/Images/Deals/beach/deals_beach_headssand_542x184.jpg

Here's the EEO: Elite Exclusive Offer - Marriott and JW Marriott Hotels and the long list of non-participating locations.  I also thought that EEOs were discontinued.  To the contrary, EEOs are now print your own:

To take advantage of the offer
    1. Rooms must be confirmed in advance by calling your Elite Reservation Line
    2. Please advise agent that you will be using the Marriott Rewards Elite Exclusive Offers certificate for the second consecutive night as the method of payment
    3. Print this page as your certificate and surrender at check-in
    4. Hotels should call the Marriott Rewards Hotel Resource Desk for any processing questions

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://www.summerwinterrestaurant.com/images/gallery/PID_21.jpg

Above:  Summer | Winter at Boston Marriott Burlington

"What is the point of providing a benefit to elites when entire geographic regions in the northeast are excluded?"

Good question. The list of hotels that are not participating is surprising.  Plus, the T&C's cite Blackout Dates!?!

Aside from it's thriving location, comfortable rooms and excellent view, the Boston Marriott Copley Place was a disappointment. The hotel offers stripped-down full service.  The Copley once had excellent dining venues, now reduced to Champions and Starbucks.  Casual might be fine for weekends, but Champions does not meet my expectation for a full-service dining experience.

Yes, there are many restaurants close by in the Copley Place Mall, but getting a reservation can be challenging, if not miraculous because Marriott guests are competing with Westin and Sheraton guests as well as locals.

Rylan - As EEO alternatives, the only Boston Marriott locations that appear to be excluded from the list and therefore participating are Newton about 10 miles west off the Mass Pike and Burlington about 18 miles northwest on I-93/I-95.

Between the two, Burlington might be the better choice - complimentary on-site parking, 4 spacious executive hospitality suites suitable for complimentary upgrade plus the nationally acclaimed culinary experience, Summer|Winter which I highly recommend.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...