This discussion is locked
5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 8, 2011 10:22 AM by NathalieF RSS

Marriott Rewards Visa Card

mels1958 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

The Silver Marriott Rewards Visa Card is the only one available in the UK.  Why can't UK residents have a black card like the US.  The benefits of the Black Card are much better than the Silver Card and it isn't fair that we UK citizens can't have it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Rewards Visa Card
    platinumstar Platinum 3 Reviews

Fully agree with you. I'm in the Uk too and we are definately the poor relation in terms of what we get from the Marriott Visa card. i havent even got the Silver one in the UK, yet i keep being offered one and when i apply i get told i cant have one because i have the basic red one. Drives me insane! Anyway, we get far less than US residents and its just not fair.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I am responding without any actual knowledge of the situation, so take it for what it's worth.  I suspect the difference in the VISA cards offered in the US and the UK has to do with different regulatory environments and what each is allowed to do in their respective countries.

ProfChiara

geichri Gold 3 Reviews

And why is in austria NO card available? Is there something in the cloud?

gibo2207 Silver 3 Reviews

Visa won't issue me with a Marriott card because I am a non UK resident. I have discussed this with both MArriott and Visa and they tell me there is nothing they can do. The crazy thing is that I have both a Visa and Mastercard with multiple account users and none of us are UK residents. Does this make sense Mr Bank Manager??!!

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

We're closing this thread but the conversation can continue at http://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/31575

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...