This discussion is locked
Archived Content:

This content may no longer be relevant and is available for reference only. Visit Archive FAQs for more details.

6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2010 4:53 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Web site down?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Maybe, one of the reason the Insider's sight is being used less is that it is so often down!

I hate to think of how much this must cost Marriott by the minute when people cannot make reservations,or ?

Today here is the message I got when I tried to access the Marriott site:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /default.mi on this server.

I have never had that one before?  Reported it to a nice lady Jennifer and it was finally cleared up.  What a way to start the day.

The site has really been down too much!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Web site down?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Ditto Jerry.  It's not just you.  Last Tuesday, October 26 I had a similar experience and encountered the message below for the first time, too:

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/InsidersTimeoutMsg.jpg

Since the message clearly identified the Insiders server, I gave Andrew a heads-up, but it appears to be an isolated incident that could not be duplicated.  Based upon what you describe, additional scrutiny and follow-up merits consideration.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Jerry

Did you also get a notice that certain cookies needed to be enabled.  When I called no one else could duplicate the problem at the help desk.  Weird I know but it rectified itself somehow and now it seems to be working.

Hopefully there is a log of problems being kept and a solution in the works and it is aggravating.  This morning using IE8 I was unable to fill in a response!  Now with  Firefox I can.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

TJ:  I get those timed out screens all the time, not just on Marriott, and it seems to be a loading problem in Firefox.  Have you checked the Mozilla Firefox blog for an answer?  I haven't but since I am signed up for their feedback pilot and often send a report automatically on these problems hope they get it.

Stepping Stones

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stepping and TJC,

Thanks for the information!

This is driving me nuts!

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Maybe it's because I don't spend as much time on the site as others, but I've never had any of the problems described specifically with Insiders.  I have once or twice been unable to sign in on the Marriott site for reservations, etc, but I just figured the site was down for maintenance.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Stepping Stones

Negative.  W/the exception of the Insiders 10/26 server error, my Firefox 3.6.12 experience is uneventful.  Cheers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...