4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 9, 2010 8:59 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Marriott Palm Beach Resort on Singer Island

superchief1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am currently staying for the first time as an owner at the Marriott Oceana Palms timeshare resort on Singer Island. This is a beautiful resort and the service is excellent. My only complaint is the limited weight training equipment in the fitness center, but that is becoming more common at Marriott properties.

We visited the Marriott Resort on Singer Island tonight for dinner at Solu and were very impressed. This resort is about 1/2 mile north of Oceana Palms. Since it was raining, we drove to the resort and used their valet parking, which is complimentary if you are having dinner. Our dining experience was exceptional (using a dinner for two dining certificate). The restaurant overlooks the ocean, and the decor provided an inviting environment for an enjoyable dining experience. Our waiter was also the wine manager, and had several excellent, affordable recommendations. Although we ordered a bottle, I was impressed by the wine 'pour' quantities for the wines by the glass, well over 6 oz.

Our selections included Ahi Tuna Tartar and Calamari appetizers, Sea Bass and Grouper entrees, and Creme Brule and Apple Pie desserts. Presentation, portions, side dishes, freshness of ingredients, and  preparation exceded our expectations. The prices were comparable to slightly higher than other restaurants in the area, but well worth it. Since we own two timeshares in the area, we are very happy to now have a conveniently located Marriott restaurant with excellent food. We were also able to charge the meal to our room at Oceana Palms.

I was also very impressed with the property and service. The valet observed us walking toward the front lobby, and our car arrived as we gave him our parking ticket. This is an all-suite resort, and the facilities appear to be very nice. I highly recommend this property to those visiting the area in the future. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Singer Island Riviera Beach, Florida, USA
  • Re: Marriott Palm Beach Resort on Singer Island
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Superchief,

Sounds like the vacation experience at your home resort at Oceana Palms exceeded expectations.  Any photos of the villa to share?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kevbat Platinum 1 Reviews

My wife and I spent a week at the Marriott on Singer Island last Christmas.  The place is fantastic.The rooms are huge and georgously set. The location is steps from the beach. Food was awesome.

The only issue was a shortage of chairs at the pool. There were almost a couple of fights at the pool when the staff removed towels from chairs if there was no one sitting on them for 30 minutes. I heard guests yell, "for $600.00/night, I want chairs for my wife and kids"......can't really blame them.

Marriott had just assumed operation of the hotel a few weeks before our stay and they were still working the bugs out of the system.

We went via gov't rate of $96.00/night. Other people were paying $600.00/night for a suite next to ours.Would recommend this resort to all, if the price is reasonable.

superchief1 Platinum

I like Singer Island better each time I visit the area. Marriott now has this resort, two MVC resorts (Oceana Palms and Ocean Pointe), and now a Ritz Carlton Residence. The area is less crowded than other beachfront locations nearbye, but has access to several great restaurants.

I plan to do a review of Oceana Palms on the Timeshare User Group website in the near future. Although I did not take pictures of the villa itself, I have several pictures from the balcony and beach. I hope my daughter can show me how to add them to my review.

tjcnewyork Platinum

Let us know when your review is up at TUG.  At Insiders, 'Attach Photos' is very user-friendly.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...