2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2010 11:13 PM by dw152a RSS

Car rentals in palm springs

mikcan85 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Best way to avoid long waits for car rentals in Palm springs???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Palm Springs, California, USA
  • Re: Car rentals in palm springs
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Can't speak to that airport but here's a nation-wide solution:

If you haven't already join the car rental clubs: Emerald Aisle for National/Alamo, Hertz Number  One  Gold, Avis Preferred, etc.  I use National most of the time and bypass the counter all together, cutting about 30 minutes off the wait for a car. At National you can choose your car from any on their aisle (most are full size and larger) as long as you've rented a mid-size car.

You can join these clubs on line and most are free (or were when I joined years ago)

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Car rentals in palm springs
    dw152a Gold

I go to PSP once in a while (I'm going there next week, as a matter of fact). PSP is primarily a tourist destination, and tourists tend to be slower when it comes to maneuvering through an airport and renting cars.  At the same time, the businesses at tourist destinations tend to be slower and not as efficient as the high volume locations.  Even with a preferred membership, there is usually only one or two people working the counter at each rental car company at PSP, and they do seem to get bogged down with slow customers.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...