9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 1, 2010 8:02 PM by lorirobert RSS

Haunted Hotels, Houses, etc?

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Happy Halloween!  Have you ever had a 'haunting experience' at a hotel or elsewhere?  I have, but I won't tell till you do...

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, USA
London, United Kingdom
France
Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
  • Re: Haunted Hotels, Houses, etc?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

https://cache.marriott.com/propertyimages/h/hvnfw/hvnfwe01.jpg

Right back at you, see Fright Night at the Fairfield

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

stevew Platinum

I have stayed at a haunted hotel, but it was not a Marriott.

The Balsams is in Northern NH and was built in the late 1800's.They have ghost tours and have appeared on TV specials.

Tell us more!

ProfChiara

shoeman1000 Platinum 4 Reviews

Hello Profchiara!

My "Haunting tale" does not emulate from a hotel, but rather, a hotel website for it's online community.  This webiste has been a "house of horrors" since April, and no lipstick on this pig helps. 

regards

Hi Shoeman,

SteppingStones and I are working with Andrew to do what we can to exorcise the ghosts and goblins .

ProfChiara

Godspeed to both of you!!!

Godspeed to both of you!!!

tjcnewyork Platinum

http://images.suite101.com/2067944_com_cut8093000.jpg

"do what we can to exorcise the ghosts and goblins"

Speaking of pranks, sounds like Insiders may be the setting for a new satire reminiscent of Noel Coward's, Blithe Spirit?

lorirobert Platinum

Spend some time in Gettysburg PA.  They have awesome walking ghost tours.  I stayed alone one night in the Best Western Gettsyburg Hotel http://civilwarhotel.com/haunted-hotels/gettysburg.html.  It is a lovely hotel, with lots of history.  I was so "scared" just by the thought of being scared, that I had the most enjoyable "unrestful" night's sleep I have ever had.  I swear I saw Lincoln hovering over the wall near the bed!  Give it a try sometime, it is worth it! 

Also, The Olde Angel Inn in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada  http://angel-inn.com/ It is haunted, very old and historic, the pub is so delightful and you will feel the "fright" if you sleep there, even thought the hauntings stem from the basement!

I can't say as I have ever been in a haunted Marriott, but I do like TJC New York's story, I think I would have packed up and left with a note like that taped in the elevator!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...