9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 8, 2011 3:49 PM by cuteijit35 RSS

Marriott Iphone App in the works?

polando83 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I was just gifted an older Iphone and on my first buisness travel i said to myself (after being amazed that there is an app for everything) I should download the Marriott App so i can check reservations and look up numbers and stuff. To my amazement there isn't one! Is there any discussion on this beacuse im currently sitting on 51 nights this year and i would find it really nice to have it on my phone. I've got my airline app, my car rental app, to finish up the travel trio i would like to know if an Iphone app was in the works! Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Iphone App in the works?
    tjcnewyork Platinum

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/MarriottiPhone.jpg

Welcome Polando and thanks for posting.  Check out Marriott Mobile for iPhone.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

Do you have to have an app before you can do anything on the IPhone?  I use an old blackberry and am able to make/cancel/ view reservations, and see an overview of my MR acct...probably some other things too, I just don't take the time to figure it out.  Can;t you just go to marriott.com on your phone and do the same thing, or do you need an app first?

dw152a Gold

TJC - Technically, that's not an app, but a webapp, which is a website optimized for iphone.  An app works best, but their iphone optimized site works pretty well

I will note that on my iphone I have apps for SPG, Hampton Inn, and two other hotel chains (can't remember which ones), but I have searched the app store for a Marriott app and nothing is there.  I've also been wondering if Marriott was going to release an app, but in the meantime, as I mentioned, the webapp works pretty well.

I did use Marriott's iphone optimized website tonight.  My flight home from ATL got cancelled (along with many other flights to and from ATL), so I had to find a room.  After I rebooked my flight, I sat down in the airport and booked my room.  I've used this before when I've been in similar situations (same thing happened to me last year), and it has been a lifesaver.

An app that I highly recommend is TripTracker.  It works for most (but not all) airlines, hotels, and rental car companies and has bailed me out several times in the few months I've had it.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"I did use Marriott's iphone optimized website tonight.  My flight home from ATL got cancelled (along with many other flights to and from ATL), so I had to find a room."

iPhone users have reached critical mass.  For some time corporate travel and group travel (conventions, trade shows, conferences) was dominated by Blackberry.  Marriott will need to accelerate delivery of a true iPhone app to be competitive.  In the meantime, thanks for letting us know that Marriott's web app for iPhone works for you.

iamthetoe Platinum

Agreed. They're lagging behind the rest of the industry without an App.  Apps load quicker than web pages and allow for customization and less touches which is huge when you're stuck on the Edge network!

mrpointwhore Gold

There an iphone app for the marriott annapolis. I downloaded it and it looks pretty cool. To bad its only for one hotel and not the whole chain.

fharczuk Gold

I can't believe there isnn't an iPhone app myself.  Making reservations in Safari is very difficult.  I have 65 nights this year.

Marriott not having an iPhone App really makes you look bad!!!

fharczuk Gold

Come on Marriott be a leader and not a follower.

Invest in an iphone app and ditch the new lobbies in the courtyards.

There's the money :)

cuteijit35 Silver

I'll add my voice to those who want an iphone app for Marriott.  I just got a new iphone and a Marriott app was one of the first things I looked for.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...