9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2011 8:33 PM by curiousone RSS

Rennaisance Seattle a bust

1director Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

If you are looking for a Marriott Chain in Seattle, look at the Marriott over the Rennaisance.   Both my husband and I are Platinum Members and granted we are using 100,000 to stay 4 nights, but they have so far given us two of the worst rooms in the house.   The first room was adjacent to the lounge itself and outside the elevator, this second room is simply the first room outside the elevetor and smaller than the first.   Tomorrow, I am going to swtich to another hotel as I am sure that they are NOT used to Elite Members here as they do  not seem to recognize loyalty at all and cannot seem to come up with any decent room.   Really not asking for anything special but I would like a little privacy and both times the room is sub par literally the first door on each floor.  They absolutely seem to not care and I have not dealt with such blank stares before this hotel.  Just an FYI as maybe you will have a better experience.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Seattle, Washington, USA
  • Re: Rennaisance Seattle a bust
    kahunapremier Platinum

Franchise or Marriott owned? I am seeing a BIG difference between the two and it isn't pleasent.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

This is not good and the hotel's management should hear about it while you are there or even after you leave.

I have refused rooms that were right next to the elevator and have always been able to get a better location.  My profile says high floor and I also refuse to accept a first floor room when offered.  Thus far, knock on wood, I have been able to get better rooms every time.

I'd complain to the hotel then to customer care and see what happens.

thebub Gold 8 Reviews

That's unfortunate.  My wife is originally from Seattle so we went back in April to visit her sister.  I decided it would be fun to stay a little closer to town, so I booked a night at the Rennaisance over the Waterfront.  I'm a new rewards member with only Silver Elite status (soon to be Gold), but I was upgraded to the Concierge Floor and provided key access to the lounge.  Granted, there was a high vacany rate at the time, but our experience was great.  Close to the pool and elevator, which wasn't bothersome at all.

thebub Gold 8 Reviews

Very true.  Stayed in the Rennaisance Palm Springs, which I believe is a franchise, and I've never had such poor service.  Absolutely terrible.

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

The Marriott is one my absolute favorite hotels!

Great CL and the walk to Pike Street Market is wonderful!

lakeshore Platinum 11 Reviews

The Marriott was fantastic for us...they upgraded our family to a suite, and put my sister in an adjoining room.  We were thrilled, and will always highly recommend them.  Their happy hour is fantastic, and the concierges on the concierge levels are awesome, along with the concierge level.  Customer service is wonderful!  I am sorry about your experience at the Renaissance.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

Jerry,

What would be the ideal length of a stay in Seattle (We have never been there before)?  How about combining with stays in Victoria and Vancouver?  Any suggestions for cruising in Alaska?

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Razorback,

I only stayed in Seattle at the Marriott Waterfront for a couple of nights prior to the cruise and one day when I got back from Alasks, they gave me a fantastic room.

It was a Princess Cruise line and the only cruise I have ever been on.  It was fine and I really enjoyed the balcony in the room, and the ship's dining room.

You will have a great time no matter where you leave from!

curiousone Platinum

My wife and I had an enjoyable stay at the Marriott in Victoria in July 2010 for one night. We flew over from Victoria in the morning, got any early check-in and then took a bus to the Butchart Gardens for dinner and day and night garden viewing. The next morning we walked all over Victoria, checked out and flew back to Vancouver. Did the Marriott on points and I was Gold at that time.

We have not had a chance to try a Vancouver Marriott since we have a friend that rents a 2 bedroom condo in Vancouver every summer and we  stay with him.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...