1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 26, 2010 8:40 PM by anadyr RSS

Hotels Making A Comeback?

tjcnewyork Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

http://i866.photobucket.com/albums/ab222/TJCNEWYORKINSIDERS/SquawkBox.jpg

Above:  Marriott president & chief operating officer, Arne Sorenson guest hosting a segment on CNBC Squawk Box

Last Friday, October 22nd, president and chief operating officer, Arne Sorenson took time out to guest host a segment live on CNBC Squawk Box.   No surprises, the biggest news about pricing is that rates are growing.  Quoting Sorenson, the highlights include:

• "Corporate travel is back"
  • "Group travel is coming back"
  • "Leisure has not been as bad"

Quite charming.  Check it out here, Marriott's President & COO Turns Guest Host

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Teaneck, New Jersey, USA
  • Re: Hotels Making A Comeback?
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

TJ:

Thanks for that post, very enlightening!

I think travel has become OK again and that stigma after the AIG kerfuffle is now forgotten.  Marriott continues to be aggressive in courting business and leisure travelers, as its their core mission.

However, seems to me that the glory days of unlimited expense accounts, astronomical room rates and the like are gone for the forseeable future.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...