4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2010 2:22 PM by tjcnewyork RSS

Concierge Levels, Lounges

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

There has been some discussion about how to know in advance whether a hotel does or does not have a Concierge Lounge.  I did a random search of hotels throughout the world, added one I knew did not have a concierge lounge, and found the information in the section "About this hotel" - then "About this property". There it tells you if and how many concierge levels there are at a given hotel.  So it's not on the main hotel page but if you click over you'll find it.  That, of course, does not ensure that it's open 7 days a week, but usually there's compensation (such as coupons, breakfast in the restaurant, etc.) if it's not.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Concierge Levels, Lounges
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

A 20-30 second phone call to the hotel works too, and you get all those important questions answered.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

redwood Platinum 5 Reviews

In my experience that's not consistent.  I think it shoudl be a bit of info added to all hotels pages.

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

I guess there must be some inconsistencies, because I'm remembering that one Insider was writing that there was no CL, even though there was a Concierge Floor in the hotel.  I wasn't happy to hear that because that has been my barometer: I go to the "Printable Fact Sheet" area of the hotel's website, and there it will list how many Concierge Floors the full-service property has.  As I say, this has always been my barometer, and if I see a Concierge Floor (or Floors) listed, I always assume that there is a Concierge Lounge as well.  This has worked for me 100% of the time (at hotels, not resorts).

tjcnewyork Platinum

Agreed, NUHusker.

For a handy brand directory which you can download and keep on your laptop/notebook for easy reference when you're on the road and you do not necessarily have internet connectivity:  Marriott Brand Directories

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...