2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2010 2:32 PM by caldrich RSS

Executive Lounge or No Executive Lounge -- That is the Q

keglerbill Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

There's no way to tell whether or not a particular Marriott or Renaissance property has an executive lounge or not.

Some hotels say they do. Most are silent. I know that Marriott Resorts do NOT have Executive Lounges. But today I checked into the Williamsburg Marriott. I went out of my way to stay here, rather than a Courtyard closer to my business meetings. Upon check-in I was informed there is no Executive Lounge.

The website for this hotel mentions "Concierge-level rooms", so I figured there was an Executive (Concierge) Lounge. Nope.

I suggest to Marriott that any Marriott or Renaissance that does NOT have a lounge, should say so on their website. Then we can assume there will be one -- unless it says otherwise, or it is a Marriott Resort.

I understand why this hotel does not have an Executive Lounge. They cater to people coming to Busch Gardens and old Williamsburg. But I didn't know that when I booked it. I had no idea this was a 'tourist' hotel, rather than a 'business' hotel.

Hotels without the lounges should be up-front and let us know so we can make informed decisions.

-- Edited by Keglerbill at Oct 17, 2010 6:28 PM PDT

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Williamsburg, Virginia, USA
  • Re: Executive Lounge or No Executive Lounge -- That is the Q
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I agree, it is a given that a resort will not have a C lounge but there should be some way to sort potential hotels based on the presence of one, or not.  Why not a check box that says "concierge lounge" as one of the search criteria?

For me the concept of a lounge has changed over the years and it's now not as exclusive as it once was. Nonetheless it is still a deal maker for stays at a location that's new to me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Executive Lounge or No Executive Lounge -- That is the Q
    caldrich Platinum 1 Reviews

There is a sticky post over at the Flyer Talk website in the Marriott Rewards forum that includes info on lounges throughout the Marriott system. While the primary purpose is to show which lounges are open on weekends, the absence of a hotel on the list might be a red flag that there is no lounge at all.

Since the data is based on reports from guests it may not be 100% reliable, but I have found it to be correct for the hotels that I've stayed at in the past year or so.

Hope this helps...

Chris

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...