20 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2011 10:37 AM by bazzap RSS

Marriott Rewards 101 - Answers

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Having not completely researched every link on the website, I only found this one by chance, but it is really helpful for anyone with questions about the rewards program:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/hotel-rewards/information.mi

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Marriott Rewards 101 - Answers
    bazzap Platinum

Hi

I tried this link yesterday and although it appeared to be connecting (it says waiting...read...connected...transferring...) the screen stayed blank.

I have just tried again with the same result.

Is anyone else having the same problem or can you access the content via this link OK?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

I tried also and it appears the link does not work anymore. Maybe the community manager can fix this???

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

This link does seem to have been removed.  Probably a design change.  If you follow the main page and get to the Marriott Rewards Tab, it takes you to:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi

What kind of information was on the missing page?  Was it anything that shows up on the above link?

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

There was, a few years ago, a concerted effort to make this an FAQ type thing.  It seems to have gone but maybe it can be reinstated?

Fame and this link are fleeting.  As the Eagles might have said, "in a New York minute!"

bazzap Platinum

Everything you might want to ask about Marriott Rewards - of course I would like to read that.

Oh, but Marriott have removed it from their website.

Now that really is a "tease"!

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

Since the Prof seems to have posted this link over 1 yr ago, is it possible that there is another way to get this info? I'm sure that many things, like some links, have changed in a years time.

bazzap Platinum

Well, yes you would hope it is possible that there is another way to get this info.

You might also hope it would be simple to find.

However, I have scoured the Marriott Rewards website, googled Marriott Rewards... 101... FAQ... etc, but cannot find it.

Did anyone by any chance "cut & paste" and keep a copy of it.

Or can the Community Manager help with advice on where to look please?

Thank you. 

I looked as well and it is gone (and unpasted by me as well)

I will tag the NathalieF in this post so he will have a better chance of seeing it!

Thanks, I certainly cannot find it

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I believe the "101" was replaced in general by the FAQs section as the content from the FAQs reminds me of much of what was in the 101.

That makes sense.  Hope not too much was lost in the conversion to the new system.

Good catch Pingreeman sure looks like it

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Are there specific questions you're looking for that aren't answered in the FAQ's or insights you would find helpful? As an old thread, pages and links may change over time, but we can help guide you to the appropriate resources.

bazzap Platinum

I guess I don't know what I don't know, which is why I couldn't tell what might have been in "Marriott Rewards 101" that I could not find elsewhere!

However, thanks to everyone for their comments and it is reassuring to know now that people believe the FAQs cover just about everything that had previously been in 101.

This took me to the next challenge though, as I normally sign in through marriott.co.uk

https://www.marriott.co.uk/Channels/rewards/rewards-program-uk.mi

and I have discovered that this does not have the same option to view FAQs as if I were to sign in through marriott.com

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi

Perhaps you could please request on our behalf that the FAQs are also included on the UK website (if indeed we need a separate website at all!).

At least I now know where to find them though.

nrenk333@aol.com Platinum

I would like to know how I can make a reward reservation at an AC hotel.  I have tried to make two and am totally unsuccessful.  Also when will Montpelier be available for reservations.  I would like to stay in June and I cannot get a reservation.

nrenk333,

Have you tried calling the Platinum Reservation line already?  They are usually very helpful in cases like this.

nrenk333@aol.com Platinum

Yes, I called Platinium Reservation and Customer Services.  All they keep saying is that they cannot make reservations and that they don't know when they can.

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews

I just did a test all the way up to confirming the reservation using the Marriott reservations process. For the test, I used NYC, 12/21-12/23, selected "Use Marriott Rewards Points", (102 hotels across 9 brands) then specified the Autograph Collection brand. There it was, 80,000 points.

What AC were you trying to book and for what dates?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...