3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2011 11:21 AM by cblwry RSS

Springhill Suites Atlanta Georia

kayjbee Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I was very impressed with the accomidations at the Springhill Suites located at Hartsfield Jackson Alanta Airport. First of all, the hotel is actually a stop on the airport's tram system.Being able to stay a night at the airport before a early morning flight is a great comfort. I can turn in my rental at one location and them ride the tram to the hotel. The hotel looks rather new and the rooms are very nice and large.

The only down side is, being at the airport, you are limited in food and shopping resources.You can get on the tram and eat fast food at the airport. (Not sure you want to attack your per diem that hard). Secondly, the place is kind of hard to find, no too many signs giving directions.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
  • Re: Springhill Suites Atlanta Georia
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Kayjbee,

This is great to know!

I travel thru the Atlanta airport a lot and in the Winter will book a room here.

Thanks!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kahunapremier Platinum

There are two Marriott property at the ATL location. Both are new this year and extremely easy to get to. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/atlap-atlanta-airport-marriott

If you are flying into ATL, take the tram going west with the first stop at both Marriott hotels. 2nd stop at the World's largest and best car rental place. You can't miss it, it is HUGE.

You can like Kayjbee get back on the tram and head east (to the ATL airport). Round trip from ATL to car rental is 10 minutes, 5 each way.

If you have a rental car you would still need to get on the tram and go to the car rental place, but you exit the car rental and travel north then west and you are at the hotel/Georgia Conference center.

If you don't want to eat at the ATL airport (they have excellent places to eat), then get in rental car, exit the hotel and go west on Camp Creek Parkway and cross 285 and you will see a Mall area, wtih plenty of places to eat.

What ATL airport gives you is direct access without a car to down town via MARTA. With those two Marriott hotels at the airport, that will quickly become the place to stay: easy drop off for car and quick ride to the airport for that early flight out.

cblwry Gold 1 Reviews

My family and I stayed here in March 2011.  I flew into Atlanta from a stay in Miami and my family drove up from South Georgia.  The fact that I could ride the SkyTrain from the Airport to the hotel was great!!  Being so close to the airport I was surprised that I did not hear planes flying all day and night but you would never know it was that close unless you looked out the window.  This one will get saved into my favorites!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...