6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2010 1:57 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Marriott Hotel, Prague

greatescapes Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This is one of the best Marriott's I've stayed in!

Centrally located at the Republiky Metro stop. Convenient walking distance to the Old Town, Astronomical Clock and the Charles Bridge, the Jewish Quarter and Shopping at the Palladium. Couldn't ask for a better location.

What I'm excited about is the hotel itself! Friendly, courteous and efficient staff. Rooms are spacious and luxurious. Plush beds, duvet covers changed daily, aromatic soaps, shampoos, lotions and conditioner. Iron and board, turn down service and chocolates.

Great amenities. Gym, spa facilities, Concierge Lounge - which was the best. 6th floor had a few sitting areas with a flat screen TV. The 2 computer stations were also there. Just up a few steps is the 7th floor Lounge where you can get a hearty breakfast with all the fixings or a sumptuous afternoon hot meal of sandwiches, cheese and crackers, veggie dip and chips, fruits, salads and satays. Didn't have to go out to dinner during our stay.

Cappuccinos, teas, hot chocolate, coffee (with Baileys) and well drinks all available right in the lounge. After 7:30 PM, out comes the desserts! Chocolate chip cookies available at all times.

Shall I say more?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Prague,
  • Re: Marriott Hotel, Prague
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I've always wanted to go to Prague and now you've added one more reason.  Can you suggest restaurants or sightseeing opportunities?

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasmin Silver

Great to hear about this hotel.  I'm going to Prague and have booked the Marriott for Dec for the Christmas Markets.  Is the Concierge Level available for anyone or Rewards Members?

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

I loved, loved, loved Prague!!!

A couple of good restaurants I went to (I don't know if they are still open, this was in the Fall 2006):

Bellevue located at Smetanovo nabrezi 18 in Praha 1 - recommended by the New York Times

U Petrske veze located at Petrska 12 also in Praha 1

There is so much to see and do in Prague!  Wonderful, wonderful city with beautiful architechture.

I also highly recommend taking a bus to the Terezin concentration camp and Ghetto Museum as a day trip from Prague. Very easy to do yourself, no tour company required.

I didn't stay at the Marriott, I was at the Ren across the street (now a Hilton or a Hyatt).

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

If you have a night or two, I also recommend going to Cesky Krumlov from Prague!  It is a beautiful, little town just oozing with charm and a fairy tale castle!

veinard Platinum 3 Reviews

It is great to read how happy you have been in Prague and how muich you have enjyoed it. What you describe is what business travellers on a platinum level require. However, what you describe is what you also get at the 4 seasons in Prague or the intercontinental. This is just 5 star standard. What I find sad is that you skip dinner and trade the experience is such a city for crackers on the 6th floor and chocolate chip cookies after 7. With your words the Marriott lounge is just a sapce station filled with astronuat food for travelling americans.

tjcnewyork Platinum

"What I find sad is that you skip dinner and trade the experience is such a city for crackers on the 6th floor and chocolate chip cookies after 7. With your words the Marriott lounge is just a sapce station filled with astronuat food for travelling americans."

That comment has a tinge of attitude reminiscent of Ryan Bingham, the character played by George Clooney in Up in the Air.  Bingham's mantra, "Moving is living" parallels aspirations in your impressive bio, "Every week a different city, every month a different continent."

What is saddening in the film is Bingham reaching his 10 million frequent flyer miles and realizing he has no one to call and share the experience with.  His life was devoid of any close relationships.  He placed all his effort in winning the battle, but discovers he lost the war.  Far from being the stereotype travelling American, perhaps another label may be more apt? 

Btw,Greatescapes' post doesn't mention if she was travelling alone or with her husband and family.  Either way, it's not difficult to understand how a concierge lounge or fine dining in the hotel restaurant might feel more welcoming, comfortable and familiar - especially after spending the day sightseeing. 

Based upon reviews of the Marriott Prague on TripAdvisor, 91% of the travelers recommend the hotel including many Europeans and Americans.  In fact, the only person who mentions 'concierge' in a review is a native of Paris.  To that point, the term, 'concierge' is not American in origin. Respectful of fellow Insiders, perhaps rephrasing your comments are in order? Thanks in advance for doing so.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...