1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 14, 2010 7:52 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Renaissance Barcelona Airport

greatescapes Gold 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I was so excited to stay at the Renaissance Barcelona Airport because the pictures of the lobby and the rest of the property looked so fantastic. The lobby wasn't that impressive when I got there but the hotel was nice nonetheless. Wifi connection in the lobby was poor.

Their concierge lounge is well stocked with beer, juices, large bottles of sparkling and still water, a cafe con leche espresso machine and a variety of teas. Breakfast is fantastic with quite an assortment.

Rooms are compact but efficient. We had a King room. A decent size bathroom with a bidet, single sink and a shower/bath tub. Interestingly, the blow dryer hangs behind the door. I was glad to see an ironing board and iron. In room safes are available.

We arrived late and dinner is only served until 10:30 PM. So off to the the bar which serves some great tapas and hamburgers.

Good hotel to stay in if you fly in late.  Free airport shuttle. Ideal too if you make it home base as there is a free shuttle at designated times into Placa Espanya. I usually like to stay  in the heart of Barcelona. No Marriott anywhere near Placa Catalunya or Passeig de Gracia.

The only complaint: the rates at the hotel were cheaper that the rate I paid online  in advance via the Marriott site. :0(

Overall, great stay!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Barcelona, Spain
  • Re: Renaissance Barcelona Airport
    tjcnewyork Platinum
    Currently Being Moderated

Welcome back and thanks for sharing your experience at the Barcelona Renaissance.  We're thinking about visiting Spain and considering the Marriott Vacation Club in Marbella near Malaga.  Barcelona is quite a distance away so your post is well-timed. About the rate differences, could you elaborate?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...