7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 11, 2011 8:48 PM by buccscott RSS

PP

kayjbee Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER HOW MANY NIGHTS A YEAR DO YOU NEED FOR PP. I HAVE HEARD ANYWHERE FROM 100+ TO 150 AND 1000 TOTAL NIGHTS. SOME PEOPLE APPEAR TO HAVE OVER 150 NIGHTS A YEAR AND DO NOT HAVE THE STATUS, SO WHATS THE TRUTH? I WILL HAVE CLOSE TO 150 NIGHTS THIS YEAR, AM I IN THE BALL PARK?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: PP
    kahunapremier Platinum

Kayjbee,

Platinum Premier is a status granted by Mr Marriott himself in a letter to the top 3% of those Marriott travelers worldwide. From what I understand and have been told by MR as well as business owners of various Marriott properties around the nation is three fold:

1. At least 120 nights a year

2. Amount of money spent in a year at hotels (nights)

3. Staying at 120 nights or more a year for say a 5 year period (really not sure of the year) as that seems to be a moving target as well. I have heard three years as well.

Lifetime status is different from PP status in that there are four criteria to achive this status.

1. MRM-have to be 12 years in the Rewards program

2. Plat-one year at Platinum status

3. Nights stayed - 1,000 nights will give you Platinum status along with the three other criteria.

4. 2 million points (use to be 3 million) - points earned during your stay at Marriott properties.

To find out more about LTS, call Marriott Rewards (can get that number at marriott.com) as they manage and track that for you. I have created a word document that tracks this any time I call MR or get a summary in email, I update this document.

What is really sad, all of this information SHOULD be placed on the portal we logon too, and let us see this information. The more people know this then they realize how close they are to achiving their goal-they will most likely stay at more Marriotts.

Go figure, EASY ADVERTISMENT....ANYONE at Marriott listening to this enhancement?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

kayjbee Platinum

I really dont think they monitor their websiteSurprised

countryjim Platinum 1 Reviews

Hey Kayjbee

Welcome

Please note that the articulated intention of  Insiders is that of a forum for MR members, and is not necessarily intended as a dialoging medium with Marriott management or with Andrew, our Insiders Concierge (as helpful as Andrew has been).

Best Wishes on achieving Premier Platinum or Lifetime Platinum.

elysium Platinum

Once you achieve PP it takes 100 nights a year to maintain it.  This is one fact that was disseminated to PP’s when MR started rollover nights.  This is my 3rd year as PP.

I do think you have to hit 1,000 nights as one of the criteria.  That is about the time mine kicked in.  I currently have 1,521 nights with Marriott.

elysium Platinum

PINGREEMAN,

I must have misread the letter that Marriot sent.  I don’t have it anymore to reference as I try not to save a lot of paper.  As I remember it sort of led me to believe that anything over 100 nights would rollover and did not mention anything about “re-qualifying”.  I did have 68 nights rollover which was good.  I sort of assumed PP renewal was in the bag.  It will be interesting to see what happens this year as I worked from home for several months.  I estimate that I will end the year with 68 rollover nights and 116 paid nights (184 total).  I had been staying between 150-200 paid nights per year for the last several years.  I really don’t keep records of exact numbers.  However I do remember I had 235 nights in 2003.  That was my all-time high.

This leads me to one question.  Which is considered the higher status PP or Lifetime Platinum? I believe I hit the qualifications for that in the first quarter of this year.

blainep22 Platinum

I called a few times and asked different people since nobody ever has the same answer.  I am at 150 nights, all since June.  I aksed if I would be in the ballpark and their response is that there is no way to tell if you will be in the ballpark because it is decided by corporate.  They did all say it was the top 3% of rewards members get it, but there were differing answers to what that 3% meant.  One person told me it was simply stays, another said it was stays and the amount of money spent at Marriott.  Since I am an Athletic VIP card holder, I get much better than normal rates, so I spend probably quite a bit less than a normal 150 night stays platinum members

Not sure that helps any, but it sounds like there is no way to know if you are in the ballpart.  They would not tell me what the cutoff was for the previous year and said they did not know.

buccscott Platinum

I just made it this year...it is the top 3% of platinum members.  I think it is by revenue ($ spent) and not nights.  Some super secret formula I hear.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...