4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2016 11:44 PM by Jsucool76 RSS

I'm really glad we can earn points at  Ritz-Carlton now

elitepro Member
Currently Being Moderated

Has anyone received an upgrade at a Ritz hotel yet? I'm really glad can earn points at  Ritz-Carlton. Finally, they will be in line with the other benefits expected at Marriott brands and I won't have to remember that they are the exception.

See my full story at elitpro-travel.com

I booked an advance Purchase rate at the Ritz-Carlton Dallas, on the spur of the moment. If I had thought about it I would have remembered that the Ritz do not give Marriott points like all the other brands. I seldom prepay for rooms because non-refundable bookings always turn out to be a problem. Changes are part of any road warrior’s lot in life and Marriott brands are usually the best hotels to book a room with a 6 p.m. hold. This is the reason that I go to Marriott first to make a reservation, the moment that I suspect I will be travelling. I love ♥ Marriott because I can rely on them before I commit to buying an air ticket. They get a lot more business due to this phenomenon.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Dallas, Texas, USA
  • Re: I'm really glad we can earn points at  Ritz-Carlton now
    proelite Platinum 1 Reviews

I think that the Ritz-Carlton Dallas, is one of the hotels getting a downgrade from   Current Cat 5 + Hotels Moving Down a Category Level
    There are so many great hotels in Dallas but the Ritz survives because it has very few rooms.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

patrick66 Platinum 10 Reviews

We just used 100,000 points to stay for a special birthday weekend....No acknowledgement, no upgrade, no breakfast.  They made it very clear that Marriott Platinum elite is nothing there.  What a waste of too many points.

Jsucool76 Gold

You may have received an "upgrade" without knowing.

Ritz upgrades exclude suites and club level, but it's very possible they gave you a slightly larger room, or a preferable room location.

It's also very possible you got nothing. It happens. =/

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

I have stayed at the Ritz many times (typically once or twice per year) and you do earn Marriott Rewards points for your stay; it just does not include purchases at the restaurant, shops, etc.You also receive bonus points and you get 1,000 additional points. 

With my last stay, my room was upgraded to a water view.  You will not be upgraded to the club level.  I have always been happy with my stays at the Ritz.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...