2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2010 1:59 PM by kayjbee RSS

Platinum Premier 5% Savings Perk

pingreeman Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Many have asked, "what is the difference between Platinum and Platinum Premier benefits?" Generally speaking, PP trumps Platinum when making reservations and in getting upgrades; the only other major difference is that PPs have their own 800 reservations number. IMO, most PPs are dissatisfied with these little differences in perks for having perhaps 100+ more nights that the 75-night threshold for meeting Platinum.

Today, I realized one more perk: oftentimes, special deals will give PP an extra 5% off on "the deal" versus the other elite statuses. For example, Marriott Villas in Phoenix is promoting two deals:

• PPremier: Elites save 30% at Marriott Villas in Phoenix, AZ From $104 - $276
  • Others: Special Fall Member Rates at Marriott Villas in Phoenix, AZ From $112 - $296

To the PPs out there -

How relevent is this 5% perk compared to what you REALLY want to see as a PP perk(s)? For example, I would like to see GUARANTEED BEST ROOM when using points.

-- I wish forums did not automatically default "Hotel" when creating a post - I really wanted this under Marriott Rewards.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Platinum Premier 5% Savings Perk
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I think the extra 5% would be great if the money is coming out of my pocket, however 99.95% of the time when I actually pay for a room, someone else is footing the bill.

Where I think this would be nice, is if PP got some bonus for using points, perhaps a 10% discount on the amount of points required for stays.

Another cool thing I think would be nice to see with MR is to show us how many times we have actually received an upgrade vs the room type booked.  I submit as an example, National rental has started tracking and publishing for elite members the percentage of times they were upgraded.  As you can see, I've been pretty lucky but I'm also their top tier too :)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premier 5% Savings Perk
    kayjbee Platinum

Free parking and internet would be a wonderful perk.That would be a perk that says, we appriciate your devotion to our product. The hurdle required to achieve the level should equal the effort by your chain to apprreicaite their commitment.Considering that most travel on the company dime, it is easy to see that the option to change loyalty is a mouse click away. Most of the competitors would upgrade you to their elite status with a phone call.Question becomes what is Marriott doing for it most seasoned and devoted customers?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...