2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2010 8:44 PM by nuhusker RSS

Ritz Carlton Nights

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Maybe everyone but me already knew this, but I thought I'd pass along my experience to my fellow Insiders.  When Marriott made the announcement about getting points for RC nights (before this, you could only spend points at RC's not earn them), I was excited, and I signed up.  Then I started getting all the materials from RC, and I called MR Customer Service, and was told that members have to choose between the two programs (something I didn't know).  Since I've been with Marriott for a long time, I had to go to the hassle of changing my membership back again to MR.  It is my understanding that even as a MR member, I'll still get points for any RC nights: I hope this is the case.  More travel program lessons learned!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ritz Carlton Nights
    tjcnewyork Platinum

Good topic, Diogenes thanks for posting.

The details are spelled out at How You Earn | Partner Hotels.  The inclusion of the phrase, "participating locations" adds ambiguity about which Ritz-Carlton hotels may be excluded. The exclusions, if any, are not spelled out in the Rewards Terms & Conditions either. So, it's not as automatic as members like you and me might hope it would be.  You do have to check and as you point out - choose.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ritz Carlton Nights
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

The choice issue was previously explained (very clearly I should add) by Andrew in response to previous posts.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...