10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 2, 2015 9:06 AM by maggieadams2001 RSS

Grand Cayman Marriott

businesstravel Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We are thinking of staying at the Marriott Grand Cayman but not sure because the beach area looks small and same for the pool.  Our other choices are Curacao and Aruba.

What does anyone think of the Marriott on grand Cayman?

• Re: Grand Cayman Marriott

It's a beautiful hotel but be aware that nightlife on the Cayman Islands is very, very sparse.  One suggestion would be taking a short trip on the highway west to Seven Mile Beach.   It is called that because it is that long and absolutely beautiful.    I'd get a rental car and go there and then take a day trip to "hell".   There is actually a town on Grand Cayman called, Hell.  You can mail a postcard from there with the postmark, Hell, on the postcard.    Kind of funny.   Have fun wherever you go. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

toesup Platinum

Stayed there a few years ago and had a great time.

Like the other poster said, if you are going to Cayman for nightlife, then you need to go either to Georgetown or further down on 7 Mile Beach... but it is a great place to relax.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nadias Gold

We just came back from Aruba.  We used points for a room and cash upgrade for Tradewinds club level.  It was nice but too crowded and you have to pay for an umbrellaon a beach if you are not staying on Tradewinds club floor.  People were getting up early in the morning to get a good spot at the pool or a beach.  There were too many children at the pool.  But food in Tradewinds lounge was excellent.  We went out for dinner only once, because of a Birthday celebration. We ate at Simply Fish, right on the beach, it is a must. The food was great and the wait staff was excellent.

We had a great time when we stayed at Grand Cayman Marriott. It’s smaller but much cozier, very relaxing. You can ask a beach staff to install umbrella for you.  A walk on the beach in Grand Caymanis much better, sand almost all 7 miles.  I was trying to book a room using points in Grand Caymanbut Marriott was not offering any deals at that time.  So, we went to Aruba.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently?  If so, what did you like and dis-like about the hotel?

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

Stayed there in Feb 2012 and enjoyed it.  No complaints.  Great personal attention by staff.

lone6star Platinum 3 Reviews

Other than the beach, what is there to do on the island?

randomname Platinum 7 Reviews

We took a tour of some of the island.  Saw some great houses (one owned by Home Depot CEO), a really nice walking gardens, an art museum, etc.  Person who took us on it was Deserene (deserene@hotmail.com) who will also take you to the cruise ship shopping area, etc.  Great value for the money.  She knows all the history, etc.

beagles1013 Platinum 3 Reviews

You can visit Mitt's $$$.

I too am going to Grand Cayman in December.  I like local restaurants, not the touristy places.  Any good suggestions for local food at a local place where the locals eat.

terryrwo Platinum

Stayed at the Marriott Grand Cayman in February 2012. Beach was small but, there was always room. Stingray City was worth visiting for sure.

Great service.

Lots of great houses to see (I believe one belongs to Mark Cuban) on a drive around the far side to Rum Point.

Not a lot of attractions.   

maggieadams2001 Platinum 1 Reviews

I stayed at the Marriott Grand Cayman twice, most recently in May 2015.  I am a long-standing Platinum member and I guess with as many nights in Marriott's for work, I may know a thing or two about hotels.  This is a LOVELY destination hotel.  I can't imagine why the Marriott brand as a whole wouldn't send all new recruits and franchisees here to learn how it's done.  Fantastic service.  Truly a lovely hotel.  The beach was perfect for me and hubby for our 30th wedding anniversary - I don't need a giant beach (although I thought the beach was quite nice) -- I'm not doing cartwheels, I want a chair, a towel, an umbrella, a table, a thing to float around in, warm ocean water without dangerous critters (although I kissed a Stingray twice at Stingray City) and someone to bring me Pina Colatta's until I actually feel like Jack Sparrow.  The spa was great, the fitness room was perfect, the food at the hotel was fantastic!  Very quiet island, but perfect if you want to UNWIND and actually breath.  The staff at this hotel KNOWS great customer service.  I love it there, I will return as fast as I can rack up more points and vacation time!  The only reason I don't whine about constantly being on the road and getting the ever living beat out of me is because I know I'm making points to go back to Grand Cayman.  GO, it's great, relaxing, recharge the batteries!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...