1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 12, 2010 9:43 PM by traveldog2 RSS

How do you get points with the Golf Loyalty program?

smalltowntx Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

We recently stayed at the Marriott Canyon Villas in Scottsdale and played golf at the nearby JW Marriott and charged our green fees to our room.  Before going on the trip, I had read about the Marriott Golf Links loyalty program that says you can get MR points for $ spent at the Marriott Golf Clubs.  The club we played at, Wildfire, is on the list.  I asked at the clubhouse and they said as long as my MR # was in the system with my tee time, that's all I had to do to "sign up".  Well, all I received were the points from the charges being applied to my room account.  I expected to get a separate activity posting for the golf program.  Am I wrong on what I should have received?  Is the program really saying you can charge the golf to your room and get your 10 points per $ that way?

For those interested, here's a link to the program info.

http://golf.marriott-vacations.com/leisure/golf-links.jsp

Thanks for any responses.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How do you get points with the Golf Loyalty program?
    traveldog2 Platinum 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

We just stayed there and I played golf at the Wildfire course 4 times and received the points for the payment and 500 points for each time I played. I just had to give the guy in the pro shop my MR#. If you call the pro shop and give them your number they might retroactively give you the points.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...