11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 7, 2012 2:31 PM by beauvallonboy RSS

The Ritz is Now "In" But Not "All In"!

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Ritz Carlton added to Marriott Rewards Program
    gshock Platinum

This is absolutely terrific.  I have been a Platinum member for approx 25 years and at this stage of my life I prefer to stay at Ritz Carlton properties instead of the basic Marriott. Great News for all members and terrific for building the Ritz Brand

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: The Ritz is Now "All In"!
    nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

"For participating Ritz-Carlton hotels, members will earn 10 points or 2 airline miles per US dollar spent on the room rate only. At EDITION hotels, members will earn 10 points or 2 airline miles per US dollar spent on your entire stay folio."

All in would include points earned on every dollar spent, not just the room rate.  Sounds like Ritz is still having to be dragged into Marriott Rewards kicking and screaming.

• Re: The Ritz is Now "In" But Not "All In"!
    diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

I read the RC posting too, but I'm still confused.  Is it basically a parallel rewards program?  Or do the points and nights we earn by staying at RC's get added to our Marriott Rewards points?  

NathalieF Community Manager Marriott Associate

Good Morning, Insiders.

Thank you for your questions - we are happy to see your enthusiasm already regarding The Ritz-Carlton Hotels' participation in Marriott Rewards. Allow me to provide some answers and clarification:

-Members earn both Marriott Rewards points and elite night credits at all participating Marriott Rewards properties, now including The Ritz-Carlton Hotels and EDITION.

-Guests can choose to be a member of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards or Marriott Rewards, from which point the member will begin receiving communications exclusively from his or her chosen program. While guests cannot be a member of both programs, they can change membership from one program to the other by contacting Guest Services. The member will begin receiving communications from the program selected as the preferred program and cease to receive communication from the other program. Please note that members of The Ritz-Carlton Rewards do not need to join Marriott Rewards to earn points/miles and receive Elite benefits during their stays at the Marriott family of brands. Similarly, Marriott Rewards members will earn points/miles and receive Elite benefits during their stays at participating Ritz-Carlton hotels.

The appropriate landing page link on MarriottRewards.com will be available shortly - once it is live, I will be sure to update the original What's New post in the Insiders' lobby.

Thank you!

Regards,

Andrew

Thanks for your clarification, Andrew.  I do have one follow-up question.  When I saw the RC announcement yesterday, I figured I might as well sign up.  However, I want to stick with Marriott Rewards as my primary program.  So, my question is: in the light of your email should I cancel my sign-up with the RC program, just relying that RC stays (nights and points) will be credited to my regular MR account?

Also, speaking of rewards programs, did everyone see that in Travel and Leisure's latest poll, Marriott Rewards was voted by the readership as the best rewards program?  HHonors was a distant second place.  Kudos to all the employees who are involved in making this program work so well for the large number of us who look to Marriott properties as our first choice in travel destinations!

Diogenes72,

As noted in the prior response, one cannot be a member of both programs. There is no need to switch programs to earn points and elite night credits - Marriott Rewards members will earn points/miles and receive Elite benefits during their stays at participating Ritz-Carlton hotels.

Your assumptions are correct. Unless a majority of your stays are made at The Ritz-Carlton Hotels, odds are you will want to stay a Marriott Rewards member in order to receive Marriott Rewards communications.

Thank you,

Andrew

This is useful information.  Thanks for your help Andrew.

frankiesesso Platinum 5 Reviews

But do Elite members get access to their lounges??

frankiesesso Platinum 5 Reviews

But do Elite members get access to the RC lounges?

Frankiesesso, as we had noted in our comment in the original What's New post:

The Club Lounge and Club levels at The Ritz-Carlton Hotels are different from those at a full-service Marriott property - Club Lounge access is not offered as an Elite benefit. Similarly, breakfast and other amenities are different from those of Marriott’s full-service properties. Marriott Rewards member benefits vary by brand, and this includes The Ritz-Carlton participating properties. A chart of elite membership benefits at The Ritz-Carlton Hotels by membership level is available at http://www.marriott.com/rewards/member-benefits.mi.

Thank you,

Andrew

beauvallonboy Platinum

Please explain why that is. What is the big deal not to upgrade or give Platinum members or better yet Life time Platinum members thatrecognition or benefit sinice we have shown loyalty to the Marriott family.  I have refused to stay there unless I get club level access. I maybe missing out in a superior hotel stay butI that's ok.  Thank you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...