3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 10, 2010 4:55 PM by zukracer RSS

consistent Courtyard issues

engineergirl Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

You'd think with all the money Marriott has spent renovating the Courtyard lobbies and rooms that they'd have addressed a very basic and VERY consistent issue:  furniture placement and internet access.

Nearly every Courtyard I've stayed at in the past few years has had the desk placed right in front of the heating/ac unit.  Not a problem--if they had wireless internet!  However, they have a ridiculously short ethernet cable on the desk.  Therefore if you have to work, as I do every night, you either freeze or fry in front of the unit, because you darn well can't sit on the sofa or the bed and have a connection.

Holy smokes!  Come on with the wireless already, Courtyard!  I can't believe I am the only one who has experienced this problem.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: consistent Courtyard issues
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Seems to me that this is room design 101!  Some things are in the wrong place and no one seems to notice.  Why can't some ergonomic genius see that we actually sit in places other than the desk when we work?

How about a panel of users, like yourself to grade rooms before they are launched?  I hope that can happen.

Thanks for the post.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

techie Platinum 7 Reviews

Interesting comments.  I happen to love the AC right behind the desk because I like to turn it up and be near the cool.  My wife likes it warmer, so she appreciates it if the air conditioning is closer to me and far from her. 

As to the wireless issue, I've been carrying a travel router for years, and I make my own wireless.  I recommend everyone else do the same.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

I have for years carried a 25' cat 5 cable and a pocket router with me everywhere.  I often find myself in offices with hard to reach network connections and the occassional hotel that is still hard wired.  Now that the TSA seems to be hiring any moron off the street, I dont carry the network cable (for some reason they think its a fuse or something) and only the pocket router.

As mentioned, I'd too recommend everyone that travels get a travel router.  And as for the "bulk" issue, this router (available as in either N or G models) is smaller than my blackberry tour phone.  The case with everything is only slightly larger than 2 phones side by side.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...