2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2010 9:49 AM by tjcnewyork RSS

Disney Rewards

eventsgirl1 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Please consider awards for Disneyland or Disneyworld tickets. It amazes me that this does not exist. I can buy a $3500 LCD tv with points but I can't buy a 5 day pass to Disneyland! This would benifit awards memebers greatly!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Disney Rewards
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Don't have an answer but I would certainly trade in some of my points for some Disney passes Holy cow those tickets are $$$$ these days!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Disney Rewards
    tjcnewyork Platinum

"Please consider awards for Disneyland or Disneyworld tickets. It amazes me that this does not exist. I can buy a $3500 LCD tv with points but I can't buy a 5 day pass to Disneyland!"

Good topic.

My wife and I vacation in Orlando almost every year. We've purchased WDW vouchers through AAA which are redeemed for tickets at WDW. The most cost-effective approach is to purchase multiple-day Park Hoppers at Marriott Vacation Club resorts while in Orlando.  Everyone knows that Universal, SeaWorld and Disney raise their prices every year.  So, if you purchase multiple day Park Hoppers for Disney that do not expire in advance, it's like banking the days at a discount.  And, the savings can be significant.

Marriott Vacation Club resorts in Orlando definitely 'sell' WDW tickets but what types of tickets they can sell and for how much is literally 'fixed' by Disney.  This is a form of 'price fixing' by Disney to ensure that the best point of sale is at the gate.

To that 'point', in my experience, it's not about Marriott considering offering WDW tickets for redemption using MR points, it's about Disney authorizing Marriott as a reseller.  Secondly, let's recall that years ago you could purchase 3rd party services through a Marriott Concierge at a full-service hotel and bill the cost to your room and earn points.  Marriott policy changed.  You can bill it to the room but not earn points on 3rd party services.  This is not about 'price fixing' or 'authorized resellers', it's simply about controlling costs.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...