5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2010 4:52 AM by weld3z RSS

HHonors Diamond VS MR Plat

weld3z Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Why HHDiamond got more respect and benefits more than the plat at Marriott ..?

I been to many Marriott's over the world while i'm plat and was with a friend to 3 hiltons(London-Dubai-Germany) he was Diamond at hilton every time they upgrade BOTH of us,person come with us to the room to check if we like it or no and the important thing i fell that i'm important customer for them !!

-Im sure if i go to Any Marriott with a friend even if the hotel empty the well never upgrade both of us.

-No why in a Marriott hotel front desk come with you to ask you about the room.

-Never feel i'm plat or important for them.

To Marriott its EASY and FREE just email your 3200+ hotels to take care about us plat members who spent more than 75 nights in you chain.

What i saw in the Hilton i hope to see at Marriott because i love Marriott name.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
  • Re: HHonors Diamond VS MR Plat
    2cruizers Platinum

Hear Hear, I am platinum but feel like a second class citizen in many hotels in US especially.   They always have a reason for not complying with my requests.   Europe Marriotts have been much better, however, they still give me pause when I ask for my room to be on top  floor or not by an elevator.    I have been looking at the HHonor also.  Marriott Corp needs to look at their policies.  They are really losing ground. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

businesstrav Silver

I am a Hilton Diamond member and I recently switched to Marriott because of the poor service I received from Hiltton. my simple requests like to get a adjoining room for my kids was not honored and I had to escalate to the general manager in order to get the rooms and they were available, they just didnt give them to me. It is sad that I am reading the same about Marriott, maybe the whole industry needs to realize that as business travelers we keep your hotels open.

boppingabout Platinum

I've been HHDiamond (HHD) for 8 of last 10 yrs; colleague turned me on to Marriott so last year 'double-downed' to both HHD & MarriottPlatinum (MPlat), and will again this year.

Must agree that HHD service level is as stated: truly a 'special touch' which really invites loyalty. MPlat seems lacking in that facet, especially the willingness to upgrade. This has been true more in US than overseas (I'm ~70% US travel), but similar everywhere (Singapore, Hong Kong, UK, ...).

Until reading your posts I thought it was just me, but I'd swear there was yet another level beyond MPLat which will unlock that special touch. Maybe when achieve 150 nights we'll get that lovin' feeling? ;)

mi97tbird Platinum 33 Reviews

i have to beg to get an upgrade. it should not be that way. Will start looking at Hilton soon if they dont change the way they treat us.

weld3z Platinum

Really Marriott how many Plat peoples out there, only Marriott chain required 75 nights check others to reach top tiers !!

This is not our problem now..

I have 4 stays next month for 11 nights (two rooms) if they not treat me as plat i hate to say it but i well leave them i spent 20000-35000 every year with Marriott hotels, I hate to change from chain to another but this is the really last chance for them if they don't care about me why should i stay with them ?

We need someone from customer care to come here and explain to us why no difference between silver and plat (IN MARRIOTT HOTELS).

we are not talking about upgrades or price or or or just let us feel that we are Plat..

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...