3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 31, 2010 2:46 PM by anadyr RSS

Question about Rollover Nights

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I have a question about rollover nights, and I bet that some of my "Insider" colleagues who logged more nights than I during 2009 will be able to answer it.  Of course this second year of rollover nights is a big plus for all of us, and right now it looks like I'll be totaling several nights over the 75 required to be renewed as  Platiunum member for 2011.  Let's say, for example, that my total during 2010 is 90 paid nights.  My question is what happens to the additional 15 nights?  Will they be applied to my renewal for 2012, or will I just lose them?  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Question about Rollover Nights
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Anything in excess of 75 wil be given to you as a starting balance in the following year.  Thus, if you earn 90 this year you begin with 15 next year, etc.

When you make Platinum Premier, normally at least 125 nights for three years, that's another story.  You must apparently reach 100 nights plus in a year to gain additional nights every year thereafter. Thus, if you are a PP and log 95 nights, you most likely will not get the 20 additional nights you would have had if you were a Platinum Elite member.

Sounds confusing I know but...it is.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

richardeke Platinum

So, if I understand you correctly, the benefit of being a Platinum Premier is:

• A dedicated phone line (which I can't seem to use from the UK)
    • I need to get to 100 nights rather than 75 to rollover?

Errm, seems like a dissadvantege to be 'Premier' or have I missed something?

(Note: thanks to last year's rollover I already have 124 nights this year but this doesn't seem correct)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Maybe so, can't say but it's a nice level to achieve

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...