1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 22, 2010 11:54 PM by drewtipton RSS

Stealth loss of American Airlines for Marriott Rewards

davidcort Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Just noticed on my AAdvantage mailing last month that there is no longer a relationship between Marriott Rewards and American's AAdvantage Program. The only notation was that a previously announced promotion between Marriott and American was no longer valid after 7/1/2010.

I have been member of both programs for many years and found the ability to get a vacation award with 7 days at Marriott and up to 120,000 AAdvantage miles to be among the greatest benefits of being a Marriott Rewards member.

I know American is now the second largest US carrier (soon to be third largest after United/Continental merger), but it seems to me that Marriott and American could get over whatever spat they had and renew a relationship that is beneficial to many of their customers.

Any one else aware of this issue?

Marriott people, if you are listening, please listen to your customers and renew your ties with American soon.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Stealth loss of American Airlines for Marriott Rewards
    drewtipton Gold
    Currently Being Moderated

"Stealth"?  I received several emails from Marriott and American both stating that this arrangement was ending...

Granted, I haven't flown American _on purpose_, other than American Eagle, in almost 4 years now (long story there... they basically messed up reservations for 7 of us, all traveling on business, all booked from different starting airports, and all ending up at the same destination--on different flights), but I still have 50K+ AAdvantage miles... :)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...