3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2010 10:39 PM by cancerkiller RSS

Marriott Wardman Park or Dupont Circle Renaissance

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I will be in DC in September for a conference and staying four nights. Would the Marriott Wardman Park or Renaissance at Dupont Circle be better from the perspective of neighborhood safety (I'm traveling with a female companion who will be doing her own thing during the day), proximity to a Metro station (I know the Dupont Circle Renaissance is right near the Dupont Circle Metro, but I'm not sure about the Wardman Park proximity to a Metro), treatment of elite members to upgrades, etc, size of rooms, and overall service and quality of Elite lounge. Any advice from fellow Rewards Insiders would be greatly appreciated.

NHTraveler

• Re: Marriott Wardman Park or Dupont Circle Renaissance
    diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

I was just there last month, and both properties are nice, and I stayed at both.  The Wardman Park is a huge hotel and the Renaissance DuPont Circle is a much smaller one.  The Renaissance is surrounded by hotels and restaurants and is five safe blocks from Dupont Circle.  The shopping and restaurants near the Wardman Park were not much to talk about: you'd have to get on the Metro.  I preferred the smaller Renaissance, but if requesting an upgrade to a suite is a big priority, then perhaps you should consider the Wardman Park, because, as the size of the property would indicate, there are more of them.   The concierge lounge at the Wardman Park is not large enough to handle the crowds if the hotel is full: when I stayed there, I only went to the lounge once because of this.  Have a great trip, and let us know how it turns out.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi Diogenes - Thank you so much for your advice. I will indeed let you know where I decide to stay.

NHTraveler

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cancerkiller Platinum 1 Reviews

The Wardman Park has a Metro stop and entrance just at the bottom of the hill on which the hotel sits, so from standpoint of Metro, either is fine.  The National Zoo is about 6 blocks walk from the WP, if that is of interest.  If shopping, restaurants, and strolling are wanted, the Dupont Circle is better.  I was born and raised in DC and still live in the MD burbs, so I know the area well.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...