2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2010 6:59 PM by anadyr RSS

"Summer" Coast to Coast with Marriott

caribtraveler Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Oh, the joys of summer!  My summer travel story is just that...summer travel traversing the country...but ALWAYS staying at a Marriott, knowing the quality and value that the hotels/resorts offer.

Our family of four were attending a wedding in Sonoma on August 2nd, 2008.  Alas, due to the San Francisco marathon occurring the same weekend, our "short" drive on the 1st from the SFO airport to the Marriott Courtyard in Santa Rosa took several hours.  I will admit, however, this is one of the nicest Courtyard's I have ever stayed at, in a great location for those interested in touring wine country.  We stayed for two nights to enjoy the wedding festivities (at 90 degrees plus!) over the weekend.

Then, we rented a car and drove to downtown San Francisco and checked in to the Marriott Courtyard Fisherman's Wharf for three nights. What a change of pace, scenery, and temperature! We all ended up buying fleece jackets on the street for touring this beaurtiful city.  It was in the 50's at night and barely reached 70 degrees during the day.  Brrrrrr.  The sights of the Maritime Museum, Ghirardelli Square, the Pampanito submarine, Alcatraz, riding the cable cars, etc. were all within minutes of the hotel.

After a leisurely last day, we packed it up and caught an evening flight to St. Louis.  Arriving just before midnight, a garage shuttle service took us to where our car was parked where we switched out our luggage (from wedding clothes and coats to resort wear). The six hour layover was spent on the floor at Lambert Field International (I pulled an all-nighter to keep an eye on our bags) to catch our 6:00 a.m. flight to Ft. Myers with a drive to the Marco Island Marriott, our home for the next five nights. Whew, were we exhausted! The sun was bright and the beach was a welcome sight after a full day of travel.

Would we do it again?  You bet (but maybe skip the overnight at the airport)!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: "Summer" Coast to Coast with Marriott
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Great story!

What a trip, glad it all worked out.  I live in St. Louis and you did yourself a favor staying inside.  This is not San Francisco when it comes to temperature.

Keep us informed of how the travels are going.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: "Summer" Coast to Coast with Marriott
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Neat adventure, thanks for sharing. I have always wanted to do one of those all you can fly promotions--like Jet Blue was offering, but alas never had the time. You've rekindled my desire to head out cross country again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...