3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2010 4:58 AM by profchiara RSS

Charges to use Marriott vRewards Points

frequentvacati Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I notice that to use Marriott Reward Points for a week in Paris and other locations that they now want to charge you up to $200 per night for "upgrade??". What happened to getting rooms for HGA points without additional charges???

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Charges to use Marriott vRewards Points
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Please look at my "Upgrade Fee Issue" comment (shouldn't be far down the list).  This is happening more and more, mostly in Europe, and mostly in France and England.  Except when it is absolutely necessary (as at the Porte de Monaco, which I resent mightily), I will not pay it and take my chances -- and have always gotten upgraded.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

frequentvacati Platinum 1 Reviews

Prof., Thanks for the post reply. I have stayed at the Paris CE on points when they had the 7 nights at 3 hotels consecutive award without any FEES to get a room. It seems that when you have over 1,000 nights and a Platinum Elite card you should not have to go through this hassle.

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I couldn't agree more!

ProfChiara

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...