6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2010 2:28 PM by truegreen RSS

Not Happy

loyalcustomer Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Arrived at the Aberdeen Courtyard after sitting in Traffic and was given a room on the 2nd floor.  I am a loyal Marriott customer and am a Gold Member.  My profile indicates I like a high floor and am usually given 7th floor in this Hotel.  In fact I have stayed at this Hotel may times during my business trips to Aberdeen.   I realize the Hotel is sold out for tonight, but they knew I was arriving tonight for some time.  Despite being a gold Member, I am given nothing.  When at a full service Hotel, you get Concierge level and frequently other benefits showing how how appreciative they are for your loyalty.   I was offered nothing.  While I prefer Marriots, I will consider staying at another Hotel next time I am in Aberdeen.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Aberdeen, Maryland, USA
  • Re: Not Happy
    zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Dont feel bad, I am Plat Premier and have had the same experience in various cities.  The way I have found the best resolution, go down in the morning and tell them unless they can get you a better more suitable room you are checking out and heading over to the Hilton Sometimes it works, sometimes not.  I've never gone to a Hilton but usually just another Marriott property ;)

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

techie Platinum 7 Reviews

Is it really worth that big of a deal?   Was the room uncomfortable?  Were some of the amenities not working? Was someone rude to you?

You've stated that  you're usually given a room on the 7th floor and that the hotel was sold out that night.  There must have been something that happened.  Maybe someone screwed up.  Maybe there's a wedding party on that 7th floor and you're lucky to be away from the noise. 

We don't live in a perfect world.  I've stayed at Marriott's for decades.  Sometimes, they have ticked me off.  Usually things are done pretty well.  I don't threaten to "run off to Hilton' every time something happens I don't like.

Feel free to ask them why you're not on a higher floor, but try to think of it more of a partnership and not so much a sense of entitlement.  I've been treated pretty well by Marriott over the years, and I appreciate it.   I'm sure they have appreciated the money they have gotten in return.  But sometimes they cut me some slack and sometimes I have to cut them some slack.

You said you were "given nothing"....what is it that you expect?  If I were at that Courtyard, I would have the expectation of a decent room, a fair rate etc.  Courtyards are Courtyards.  I like them, but they don't have "extra" amenities to give you.  They are not a full service hotel.  High floor is a "preference".  It doesn't mean it is guaranteed.

sooplatinum Platinum

Unfortunately I have been very unimpressed by Courtyards' Rewards Members' service generally although I was moderately cared for by one Courtyard last year (out of about 4).  My Platinum status in Courtyard gets me a gift but almost never breakfast or some of the other things I love about Marriott.  Other than full service and JW, I will stay at any other Marriott brand before I stay at a Courtyard.  I hope the Courtyard brand change soon how they choose to serve Platinums and Golds. 

If you usually stay at that particular Courtyard, some keep a "Return Often" card somewhere.  Meet with the manager and let them know both positive and challenging issues.  I've found the managers to be very receptive to feedback.  Don't let them jump out of their skin or anything, but feedback is what makes them very happy and feel connected to the guests. 

taxman415 Platinum

Amen Techie...

To many winers here...  Grow up and have realistic expectations...

dwlhollis Platinum

Hi Not Happy-

Franchisees are not trained to value and acknowledge Marriott good customers. Call the Gold folks at Marriott and they will make it right. Marriott needs all good customers to keep coming back.

truegreen Platinum

Sometimes it is what it is.  I am a Platinum member and has stayed in 4 different Marriott to include Execu Stay this year for a little over 200 days and they have bent over backwards to ensure my stay was the most pleasant and enjoyable at every hotel from the Residents Inn to the JWs in LA and San Francisco.  It is a give and take relationship and as long as Marriot gives me the benefit of the doubt, I am happy.  I recognize that my status with the company is a privilege not a right.  Read the fine print, can be cancelled at anytime with notice, so that being said, enjoy the moment and stop sweating the small stuff.  I will take Marriott's reward program over Hilton's anyday as I have had them both and Marriott hands down.  More properties and better service.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...