1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 18, 2010 8:20 PM by frequentvacati RSS

Privacy

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Recently I arrived at a hotel looking for a package that had been delivered a few days earlier.  It clearly stated "hold for arrival" and was marked with my name and date of arrival.

When I asked for the package it was handed to me opened, not sealed.  I asked for an explanation and was told, hesitatingly, that the package was delivered to another guest with a similar name, who may or may not have opened it, and then handed back to the front desk.

While I do not suspect any criminal intent here, I was nonplussed by the cavalier attitude about the whole incident.  Marriott is good at ensuring that a guest's privacy is respected, especially the room number that a person occupies.

Balls were being dropped all over on this one.  I am amazed that it has not happened before and wondered if it has happened to anyone else?

Let me know.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Privacy
    frequentvacati Platinum 1 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Has never happened to me and I have had lots of business related packages delivered over the last 40 years. However now a days maybe they open them to make sure it's not a problem. I've even left packages for a few days or weeks to pick up on my return with no problem. Beats lugging it around from city to city especially in Europe.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...