3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2010 3:53 PM by newhiltonmembr RSS

Brussels Excursions

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I took an excursion from the Brussels Marriott that is brand new -- called the Hidden Treasures of Belgium. The tour guide was superb, a native of Walloon (French-speaking) Belgium, where we went.  We first saw the Castle of Modave (2 photos), then with a few stops we stopped at the citadel at Namur (1 photo), then to the Cistercian abbey of Villers, my favorite, 800 years old.  Since I took about 60 pictures of the latter it was hard to pick on since it is a huge complex of buildings.

ProfChiara

• Re: Brussels Excursions
    newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Beautiful photos, Professor!  Thanks!

Yesterday, I booked a room in Namur for my last night in Brussels!  Should be a very nice hotel... it's a former tannery where they have connected eleven 17th century buildings.  Looking forward to it!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

Great choice, NewHilton!  The citadel is up on a large hill, but I think there's a tram.  And the seventeenth-century surrounding buildings should be a perfect treat (don't forget to have a good meal!) before heading home via Brussels!
    ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

newhiltonmembr Platinum 3 Reviews

Hi Professor,

I plan on having good meals every night of my vacation!  Laughing

I've make a reservation at my hotel's restaurant in Namur for my last dinner.  Both of their restaurants look very nice and get rave reviews!

http://www.tanneurs.com/en/index.html

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...