3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2010 1:44 PM by burghtraveler RSS

Disappointed and Shocked!

shenab Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Staying at the Courtyard o Hutchinson Island....Very disappointed in the fact that the Oceanview King size Room was advertised with a balcony and our balcony was about 2 inches beyond the sliding glass door with no screen.  No REAL balcony rooms available - REALLY Marriott?  Why would a member pay a premium for oceanfront with a blacony only to get a sliding door with a balcony rail 2 inches beyond.  I clearly trusted Marriott too much this time - I will definitely confirm these things in the future..............Truly Disappointed!

Worse than that...the staff didn't care that I was disappointed - Why do I use my Marriott Visa so much????

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Disappointed and Shocked!
    taxman415 Platinum

Thanks for the heads up... I was going to take the family there next weekend... I am going to cancel and look for another place...

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

diogenes72 Platinum 1 Reviews

Try the full service Marriott on Hutchinson Island.  I stayed there last year and found it to be a very nice property (if a bit spread out) with a very accommodating staff.  Also, I don't believe that it'd be a lot more costly that the Courtyard, as the full-service Marriott is running some late-summer early-fall specials right now.  You may want to check it out.

burghtraveler Platinum 1 Reviews

I don't complain much, but the one thing I have learned is that complaining = points.  Its never a fun thing to do, but if the situation upsets you that much, let them know.  If they did not try and bribe you with points, you should make your case in the lobby and see what happens when others are standing around. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...