7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2010 8:21 PM by kahunapremier RSS

Platinum Premier

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Well, who can tell me when and where they have been recognized as a Platinum Premier?  I have been a member of the club for 4 years and have certainly enjoyed speaking with the folks at the 800 number over those many years. Some help has been instantaneous--for example with missing stays--but other than that there is little to differentiate between what I enjoyed as Platinum member and the treatment as a Platinum Premier.

So, fess up:  Have any of you seen a drastic uptick in treatment as a Platinum Premier?  Even at a hotel that you frequent a lot?  Or as a first-timer?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Platinum Premier
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

Stepping,

Yes,

Recently, I was upgraded without a charge to a special room at a Marriott that I was willing to pay for, but I was not charged!  The statement was made that since I was a "Lifer", there would be no charge.

It was a great experience!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Great news and great accomplishment!

redwood Platinum 5 Reviews

Absolutely - at 2 Paris hotels I use regularly - Rive Gauche I always get a room upgrade - often to suite PLUS a complimentary bottle of wine.  At Ren La Defence a corner room plus wine and macaroons - and at both still get the 500 point bonus.

At both hotels check in staff are execptionally helpful and I often get a manager to see me to my room.

zukracer Alumni Steward Platinum 4 Reviews

Absolutely.

My work allows/causes me to travel similar circles from time to time and I can definitely say with PP status I have been provided upgrades never afforded me as a Plat. I have found that some of these hotels actually have some pretty impressive suites LOL, some of which I have visited many times over the past years as a platinum member and never got upgraded.

Other perks include double arrival points, considerably nicer gifts in the room (rather than a bottle of water and cookies for example) and many other things provided free of charge (valet parking, dinners, etc).  These surprising perks are sometimes at smaller properties that probably have a platinum member stay infrequently much less a PP member.  Others have been in major metropolitian areas where no expectation of an upgrade or perks was there on my side but they did a magnificient job of exceeding expectations.

I also find that I get way more follow up or even pre-arrival emails from hotel management, something that never happened as a Platinum member.

Now all of this being said, I've had more times than not where I wasn't even greeted as a MR member when my number is clearly on file or "thanks for being a platinum".  I find that while it seems snooty, I correct them and say "no thats premier".  If I can find my way to stay as much as I do, I think the least the hotels can do is acknowledge it.

roadwarrior101 Platinum 4 Reviews

Every place I stay I am acknowledged as Platinum Premier and my room is upgraded.  Most memorable was on a vacation to Hawaii and was treated like royalty.  Had family with and they were truly amazed and impressed at the supurb treatment.  I have over 1300 nights in the last 5 years so they must be treating me good!     

rcalj7 Platinum 1 Reviews

yes, at the Chicago Magnificant Mile my wife and I were treated to champagne and chocolate covered strawberries as a thank you for being platinum premier.

kahunapremier Platinum

Been Platinum for 11 years (12 this Oct in the Marriott Rewards system). PP for the past 6 years and every year I am treated like a King. When wife and kids travel on points or even charge, she is treated like a Queen-Marriott treats her better sometimes than they treat me, LOL

Always a room upgrade, always a discount if I eat on premise, always extra bottles of water for no charge, always an extra treat as well as points whenever I check in. This is across Marriott hotel brands, not just the Full service brands. One exception was this past stay at a Courtyard. Not once was I recognized for status and really no one went out of the way to do something special. That is the ONLY time in 6 years of this have I experienced something lacking. Other than that, Marriott has been spot on.

All in all, I have been well pampered and well pleased at the service Marriott gives.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...