2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2010 8:54 PM by bobj1s RSS

Platinum Premier Issues

jlajhb Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have been Platinum Premier for acouple of years now and have about 1600 nights with the program.

Monday  I called in to change my plan to receive miles instead to take advantage of the Delta 60,000 miles offer they have until Labor day. I told the young lady I spoke with that I needed the 3 night stay completed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to remain as points so as I can attain the remaining 2 nights needed to finish the 50,000 point award that ends August 31. The young lady assured me that I would have no problem with this and that my first night would be my stay on Monday. She guaranteed it would happen as I needed it to.

I checked this evening and found out that my weekend stay had become a miles stay. So, I called and wanted to have this corrected. The young lady I spoke with told me that I had to call back during the business hours. I understood however I wanted to talk to her manager because I am now faced with making more calls and wasting my time to correct this. She left the phone and returned about one minute later and tried to pass herself off as the manager. I asked her if she was the same gal I had been speaking to and she finally admitted she was and she began to start to lecture me and telling me the office would be open at 8am. I again requested to speak with her supervisor and finally after another 10 minutes a Terry Cuyler came on the phone. I told her that I was shocked by the response I had just received and that I am considering moving my business to the Hilton next door to my current Marriott hotel and I would be taking my 3 other guys who work for me with me. I am currently Diamond with Hilton, and that I did not need to be lectured and that tomorrow I was going to speak with the Marriott hotel manager here where I am at and tell him that he was most likely going to lose over 200 rack nights because of this Platinum assist line attitude if the Hilton can meet our needed dates.(55 nights each between now and October 15) Marriott do not lie or misrepresent the facts to me. By the way, the reason I want to do the point thing is to return to Kauai and I needed another 35,000 airline miles to go to this place. However maybe I will just go to the Big Island and stay at the Hilton instead. Cheaper and just as nice. Besides at this Marriott they do not even know my name and I have been here almost 200 nights in the last 18 months. Great service!!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
London, United Kingdom
  • Re: Platinum Premier Issues
    jlajhb Platinum

I was not doing this in middle of stay. I stayed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights at Springhill, on Monday afternoon I called Marriott to "sign" up as the web page told me I had to do because the webpage was not working. My 1 st stay was for a Fairfield Inn on that Monday. not in middle of one stay, but in the start of a new stay.Different hotel entirely. Again my issue was one of the fact that the young lady "promised" that their system would recognize the Friday, Saturday, and Sunday stay as one point stay, and then the monday night stay as a miles stay. Because the Springhill people sent in the stays and because they did not do this for several days it created this problem. The rest of my issue with Marriott was how unprofessional the young lady was who tried to play the game and was lying to me.

New issue is I booked a room at a Marriott to do park and fly. Made this reservation with my online profile. when I got to the hotel I put my personal credit card to pay for the room. I was charged the rate on my card. Imagine my surprise when I checked my corporate credit card bill and found that I also had been charged for the night on the Corporate card. It took me almost two hours on a call several faxes and much discussion with several people before they decided they were going to credit my employers AE account. It was so clear you would of had to have been an idiot not to see what had happened.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Premier Issues
    bobj1s Platinum

I have always found it is safer to entrust program changes to myself and not others.  I am not sure there is a device in the system that allows a date certain for points to stop and miles to begin.  There is still time for you to switch back to points for the few nights you need to secure the additional points and then switch again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...